Lesson 35: Never Regret Pranking The Playboy

On Sunday Joe came again. But thankfully, I wasn't moping around when he knocked, so I didn't have to make myself presentable again.

"Amber! Your boyfriend is here for you!" I heard Chloe call as she opened the door. I quickly stood up from the couch and walked up to her.

"Chloe! You're not meant to open the door! And he's not my boyfriend!" I scolded.

Yet.

Wait, what?

"Amber, are you busy today?" Joe asked, making me stare at him and my heartbeat quicken. Was he asking me on a date?

"Uh, I don't think so. Why?" I replied casually, but inside I was freaking out. How could one guy do this to me?

"Well, I heard there's going to be a funfair in a few hours, not too far away from here. I was wondering if you'd like to go with me?" He asked, and he almost seemed... Nervous.

Aww.

"I'd love to Joe!" I squealed, but quickly composed myself and cleared my throat. "I mean, yeah, sure. That's cool." Joe nodded, smiling a bit.

"Alright, I'll see you later." He said, and I nodded, saying goodbye to him.

"Who was that?" My mum asked, appearing with Hugo.

"Joe. He asked me on a date!" I squealed, and started jumping up and down. My mum squealed and started jumping up and down. Chloe did as well even though she didn't know why.

"That's great! I'm going to walk Hugo, even though he's your dog, so keep an eye on Chloe, yeah?" She said, and I nodded and then she left with Hugo. I looked at Chloe.

"How about we watch TV in the living room? You can get some candy." I suggested, and she shook her head.

"What do you want to do then?" I asked.

"I wanna play with John." She said, and I did a double take.

"John?" She nodded. "The boy Sarah always babysits?"

"Yeah!" Chloe grinned. "We go to the same school; he's my boy best friend." She stated, and then gestured for me to come closer. I did and she whispered in my ear:

"He doesn't have cooties."

Aww.

"That's... Lovely. Alright, you can go and play with him. But we have to wait till mum comes back, she won't be long." I said, and Chloe groaned.

"But...." She whined, and I gave her a look.

"Okay!" She exclaimed, flopping on the couch and grabbing the remote.

I sat on the couch as well, and brought out my phone. I had loads of texts from different people, Selena, Alice and of course, my ex-boyfriend.

He just can't take a hint, can he?

I decided to reply to Selena's before talking to Alice. We needed to catch up, since we were kind of enemies for the past two months.

Me: So, have you made up with Selena yet?

Alice: Yeah, yesterday at homecoming. It was after Joe took you home.

Me: That's great! Everything can go back to normal now.

Alice: Yeah! We should totally have a sleep over, catch up.

Me: Uh, remember what the last sleepover we had caused?