The Mystery Deepens; Aragog

~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ Chapter 17 ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~

The first term came to an end with one last attack that seemed to be the straw that broke the camel's back. Hermione and the Ravenclaw Prefect, Penelope Clearwater were attacked and petrified just around the corner from the library, what was strange was that Hermione had a compact mirror in her hand. No one Magically raised knew what it was and those Muggle raised had no idea why she needed it when she clearly did not care about her looks. But that was forgotten as Ronald Weasley rallied the school against Harry. He had been all too smug in declaring that he had been right, that if Granger kept hanging out with the Baby Death Eaters and Baby Dark Lord, she was going to be next!

The bullying came at the group like a tidal wave. The Teachers couldn't get a handle on it, no matter the amount of points being removed or detentions dished out. So when a group of Lions had attacked Harry, shoving him around, calling him a murderer and a freak, it wasn't a wonder that Harry had a major lapse. Harry had curled up into a tight ball and gave a piercing scream, the sound was a couple of octaves just shy of an Omega's Cry. It startled everyone in the hall, those who were cheering the group on paled when suddenly someone screamed and it was Weasley, his nose and the front of his teeth broken from where Tom had punched him, his eyes had bled Alpha red, the bloody red color pure and terrifying as he hissed a spell and an army of snakes appeared. They rushed at the students, forcing them all to run screaming as he kept Harry behind him.

Severus had been pulled from his lab by Aldeztaile, who told him his son was presenting. Which should be impossible since he was not yet 13, even if his son showed a great maturity mentally already. He had no choice but to go and see for himself and sure enough, his son was raging out, the Alpha red a jewel bright blood red, his fangs impressive and the sour burnt scent of pissed Alpha certainly cowed the mob of children as well as the army of snakes that now circled his son and Hadrian. Severus scowls heavily as he gets closer and can make out the panicked words the smaller child was saying and knew he was living a memory of being with his Aunt and her ilk.

'Lucius needs to hurry up and find those worthless sacks of flesh so I can make them suffer...' He thinks as he walks forward.

Tom snarls at him and Severus cocks a brow, "Are you giving me attitude, young man?"

Tom quiets his growls, but still bares his teeth. Severus will give his son one thing, he was ballsy. Severus kept walking forward calmly, his son growls louder and Severus gives a low warning hiss. Tom flinches and then huffs petulantly.

"Thomas, listen to me... I am not a threat. You need to let me help Hadrian..." Severus says lowly, softly, crooning softly to help sooth his son. "Hadrian's not well; let me help him..."

Tom growls lowly, blocking him off and it is similar to how Marvolo had always protected Severus the few times it was needed. Severus huffs, both amused and annoyed. He will have to go underhanded then. Carefully pulling out a small vial of moon flower and lavender extract, he snaps the top off and throws it at his son, startling him to move away from Harry just as it smashes at his feet and the scent fills the hall. His son sways and it gives Mr. Gordon enough time to stun his son while he quickly gather's Harry into his arms.

"Mr. Gordon?"

"I have your son.... As for the rest of this..." He blinks at the army of snakes.

"Nagini, do stop terrifying the Weasley brat. He's soiled himself enough." Severus sighs, calling his son's snake off from where she was terrorizing the red haired boy. She was petulant about it, but followed after Severus as the other snakes slowly lower themselves in deference to the Speaker Hatchling's fearsome Dam. "Naragi, get our guests situated in the Solarium."