♛ 35

The students were bewildered by the sudden news. Kim Sunwoo, one of the most capable and talented students just died. What made it even more perplexing was the fact that he killed himself.

Mark sighed to himself, the heavy feeling still lingered around inside him. He wondered why the boy would willingly kill himself. He couldn't understand the reason why and for a second, he thought he would be the one to end up dying.

He was almost ready to die.

"Seems like he beat you into it huh?" 

Mark turned around, looking at the person who snapped him back to the reality. He didn't realize that he has been standing in front of his car for a solid 10 minutes. His mind was a mess.

Mark just looked at the girl with a complex and unreadable look. But it can be clearly seen on his face that he was thinking deeply about something. 

Dasom folded her arms together, walking towards his car before leaning her body on it. "He must've thought we wouldn't make it anyway, that's why he did it. He knew you'd win."

"It still doesn't make sense. This is just the beginning and a capable man already died. The 7th district holds more than that." Mark said wearily.

Dasom didn't answer, but instead she opened the door to the passenger's seat, hopping inside his car. Mark frowned, immediately getting inside his car as well. 

He looked at the girl with a puzzled look, making the girl turn her head at him.

"What?"

"What are you doing?"

"Nothing. Now go."

Mark raised an eyebrow. "Do you even know where I'm going?"

"Judging from your outfit and the time, you're probably going to The Empire, am I correct?"

She was right, he did want to go to The Empire. After all, that's where they all always hang out. Except for her though, it's been quite a while since the last time she went there.

Mark didn't bother to utter another word so instead, he just drove off. The entire ride to the destination was quiet. It was tranquil, though in reality they were both anxious. The two were just too good in sealing their emotions away.

As soon as they arrived in the hotel, they immediately got to The Empire. Mark's father made this place just for him, a place for him to train hidden beneath the classy hotel.

Tapping on the button, Mark scanned his face for identity verification. Not long after that the door then opened, revealing the place where he called second home. No one else was there, Dasom suspected it was because the others wanted to give Mark some alone time.

She understood the reason why. She had never seen Mark this restless before. But what she didn't know was that it wasn't only because of Sunwoo, but because of what he told him. About her parents- her past.

"Do you want a drink?" Mark offered.

Dasom nodded. "Sure."

She sat on the sofa, looking around the huge place. It looked like a penthouse but filled with equipments for the players to train. Large screens, archery and shooting training place, and a place to chill. 

Mark soon then came back, handing her the drink before sitting next to her. It was strawberry soda, her favorite drink. She had bought quite a lot of these and she put it in the lounge room at school too. She didn't know if it was just a coincidence or because he noticed that she always drinks this one specific drink.