193

Not long after the two finally reached the root of the city wall, and they both raised their heads to look at the guards on the top of it.

Obviously, those guards were all well-trained by winds and storms, Song Qinghan could see from their appearances that they were rather stoic with their eyes firm and tough even though he couldn’t make it to see their eyes facial features clearly.

After that, he withdrew his sight on the roof of the wall, but took a glance at Lianyue instead. Seeing that Lianyue’s eyes seemed to have gained a light of excitement, he was rather curious. Yet, as he was about to get to a further observation into Lianyue’s expression, nothing strange could be found again.

Ha, it seemed that Lianyue was hyper-enthusiastic to greet… the Grand Coordinator?

After a short while of pondering, Song Qinghan uttered suddenly, “Let’s move on. We should go and purchase something we need. Probably we can go visit the Grand Coordinator the other day, and at that time we are able to greet him face to face.”

Hearing that, Lianyue was utterly stunned and he paused standing there, slowly withdrawing his gaze upward, and then responded hesitantly, “Isn’t it unsuitable for me… to go and pay a visit?”

His words seemed to remind Song Qinghan of something, he nodded and answered, “True, then I will get you informed about him after I pay a visit to him, well, if you want to know.”

Instead of being disappointed, Lianyue responded in a great gratitude while saluting to Song Qinghan, “Thank you so much, Mistress. A drop of water in need, shall be returned with a spring in deed. I will remember it for my whole life.”

“Alright.” Song Qinghan sounded and looked at Lianyue’s expression carefully, but he said nothing in return.

The following routine for them was nothing special but daily type. Lianyue did purchase some stuff for personal uses himself, and he didn’t bother Song Qinghan to help him carry his stuff at all. Everything he purchased was all carried by himself, which was totally mismatching his temperament of being soft and tender.

After they finally returned home and got their stuff unloaded, Song Qinghan summoned Lu Sen to come over and ordered, “I need your assistance, get me information about that Grand Coordinator, the more the better. If it is possible, I want to know his past, especially his childhood.”

Lu Sen was stunned and asked in surprise, “What… What is that for, Childe Song?”

No one in the Yueban City didn’t pay his respect to the Grand Coordinator here, after all. Investigating such a person with dignity of course required a reason.

Fortunately, Song Qinghan didn’t show his impatience over such a question. He quickly responded, “I have a speculation. That femina man who settled down abruptly yesterday came here for the Grand Coordinator. So I want to know whether he is an acquaintance to the lord or they had once met before.”

Lu Sen was aware of the Lianyue’s identity, so he just showed a face of astonishment when Song Qinghan said so. And then he asked hesitantly, “Do you… Do you mean that you suspect that the child he is about to give birth to… belongs to the Grand Coordinator?”

In fact, Lu Sen wasn’t the only one who would be astonished over doubting that, Song Qinghan wouldn’t believe that either. But no more speculations would be more reasonable than this one currently. In that case, he waved his hand and said, “Go and investigate first, everything will be crystal clear after that.”

Upon receiving the mission, Lu Sen nodded and quickly left the house. He acted so normally as if to greet his old friend.

On the other side, hidden in the dark and shadowy corner, Lianyue withdrew his gaze at the two, reaching out to pick the flower in front of him and murmuring himself, “It seems to be coming now, not sure if he…”