Day 27 - Escape

Marinette sat in a basement alone, tired and scared. Looking at the ring on her finger she felt anger. Adrien her husband had made a bad and huge gamble. He never learned how to run his father company and instead of having her help made a awful choice. With the one and only Joker. She had no idea what possessed her husband to make the gamble. But upon hearing it all her love for him disappeared. And what made it worse was that she was pregnant with their first child upon getting taken by the Jokers goon. She never told Adrien and planned to never tell him. She didn't want her child to act like him. Getting up Marinette walked over to the small bared window. There she looked out and saw Gotham. It had been three weeks since that gamble tore her away from her life, her friends, family and freedom. And all she got was a view of Gotham, stale food, a glass of water and soiled clothes. "These are awful conditions for a expecting mother." Marinette whispered to herself as opened the window and gripped the bars. Looking up at the building in the distance she saw the heros of Gotham. A spark of hope filled her as she thought of a way to escape.

With Damian

Damian glared at the man who married Marinette. He had just signed and announced Marinette was dead. But what he didn't know was that Damian knew the truth. He knew that Adrien made a deal with the chaotic and deranged clown of Gotham. All to try and save the company he inherited from his father. Damian had watched the fall from grace the company Gabriel had with Adrien in charge. But the worst part was that Adrien didn't let Marinette help at all even though he knew that she could have saved the company. Getting up he went and got into his nightly uniform. He needed to blow off some steam.

While he patrolled the city and his family protected his eyes caught a flashing light in a warehouse. Going towards it he saw that it was from a window that probably connected to the underground part of the warehouse. Getting closer he saw that it wasn't a light but someone reflecting light off a glass cup.

With Marinette

It took weeks for Marinette to finally to put her plan into action. It was a rare clear night with a full moon. She knew that this maybe her only option for a very long time. So she grabbed the glass from her stale dinner and went to the window. There she carefully opened the window and got her hands and glass through the bars. Then she waited until she saw one of the heros. And there was one. He wasn't close enough for her to know who it was but she didn't care. All she wanted was to get away from the basement and the deranged clown. Moving the cup in the moonlight some help from her ring hopefully she got his attention. She mailed as he got closer.

When Marinette eyes and Damian eyes met Damian felt his wife in shock. While hers only conveyed the tiredness and relief she felt. Her naturally pale skin had become unnaturally pale, her silky dark midnight locks were tangled and thin and her sparkling full of life bluebell eyes were dull and desperate. Her clothes were soiled, ripped and was showing her stomach that had started to show. Raising his hand to his ear piece Damian spoke softly.

"Robin to everyone. I have found a civilian who seems to be pregnant and trapped. My location is a Ware house three miles from Wayne tower." Damon heard multiple people say they were on their way. And soon Batman, Spoiler, Nightwing and Red Hood saw Marinette. They were shocked and got to work on getting her out then to safety.

All while Marinette smiled and was more then thrilled to escape the basement, the clown and most of all be free. To escape her captivity was a dream come true for Marinette. When Marinette arrived at the hospital she was treated for her malnutrition which wasn't that bad luckily. She was given vitamins for her baby and had an IV to help her rehydrate. While there media got wind of her rescue.

Causing Adrien to come and try to convince her on how heart broken he was. And how he had never stopped looking for her. But instead of being forgiven and excepted back into her heart and arms he got divorce papers and a lawsuit. Damian came and sat by her side through everything. And when it came time for Marinette to give birth he excepted the baby as if it was his own. Marinette couldn't be happier that she had escaped the clown and her old life that was putting her down without knowing it.