THREE

So sorry for the delay in updating. Second time writing this chapter, you guys mind commenting and voting?

Trinity

After packing away all the groceries, I opened the brand new package of Gushers I brought, and started to eat a pack. I then heard my father come in. He sighed loudly and plopped on the couch.

I walked over to the arch that separates the kitchen from the living room and leaned on it smirking.

He looked at me "What are you smirking at? Witcho creep ass."

"Ew daddy don't speak like that." I popped another Gusher in my mouth

He lowered his eyes at me, he looked tired.

"The New York life too much for you huh?" My smirk grew "Maybe if we moved bac-"

"You went grocery shopping like I asked?" He asked cutting me off taking out his Mac

I rolled my eyes and walked over to him giving him the four dollars I was planning to keep and the receipt from my jeans pocket.

[Anyone does that? Keep your parents change? Lmfaoooo]

He looked at his hand then at me like somebody got him fucked up "Four dollars?"

"Why are you making your face up like that?"

"Girl where the rest of my money at, I gave you two hundred dollars."

I took the receipt from him and began to examine it "Well the total was $145.87 and I remember I gave the lady three fifties. My change was $4.13 and I gave them the loose change." I said looking up at him

He busted out laughing "You gave them thirteen cents? What the hell they gonna do with that, buy a half of a sweetish fish?"

I kissed my teeth. Daddy please grow up.

"Aight, aight, aight." He said recovering from his little laugh fest "So where the fifty dollars at?"

I turned around facing the coffee table "The money I didn't spend should be on the coffee tab-" It wasn't there

"So..." I turned around facing him "My money grew legs and dipped is what you're telling me."

I tried to think back all the way up to leaving the grocery store. I kept the money I didn't spend in my jacket pocket and put the four dollars in my jeans pocket. Did I go in my pockets and then the money fell out without me knowing?

I remember sighing in relief as I walked up the porch steps and set the four bags right next to the door. I opened the door and let everyone in and I closed the door behind me, not forgetting to carry in the bags. I hurried up and took my jacket off emptying out my pockets on the coffee table.

I looked back over to the coffee table

"You had friends over or something?" I heard my father ask

I was too concentrated on the coffee table "No."

One of them took the money.

"I'm sorry Daddy, I must've dropped the money on the way home." I said looking at him "I'll pay you back somehow." I said quietly kissing him and going up to my room

I closed my room door behind me and I started pacing around. Saying I'm pissed off would be an understatement.

How dare they! I don't even know them that well to pin point who did it.

I looked at my cable box and it read 3:36 in bold neon green numbers.

I took my fully charged phone from
off of the dock and saw I got a text from Jasmine. I left it for now.