4.8

"hey, der?" sillie muttered

"yeah, sils?" derek asked, turning his head toward her as they laid in his bed.

"you know how jenna is isaac and liam's mom?"

"yeah...?"

"how are we supposed to tell liam?" she inquired. "i mean, he's fifteen. he's a newly bitten werewolf. he already has issues with his birth dad. i don't... i don't want to ruin another relationship with him and his parent."

"he deserves to know too, sils," derek told her. "if you want, i could always tell him for you. i know isaac doesn't want to. not yet, at least."

sillie sighed. "that'd be good." she looked over when her pager started to go off, leaning over and picking it up. "i've gotta head to work. doctor geyer's paging me."

≡≡≡

"hey," sillie greeted. "what's going on?"

doctor geyer frowned. "sillie, i'm so sorry..."

she made a face. "first names? since when do you call me by my first name, david?" she mocked him at the end, her expression flattering when she saw his eyes darken sadly. "what?"

"we did everything we could," doctor geyer told her. "melissa went to the bathroom since she needed alone time, but again... we did every single thing we could. i'm so sorry for your loss."

sillie's face dropped completely. "who's dead?"

he hesitated.

"who is dead?"

"...scott."

sillie took a long, long moment to process. "what?" she whispered.

"i'm so, so sorry-"

"where is he?" she demanded, her eyes brimming with tears. "where the hell is he?"

then doctor geyer was bringing her to where he was, right down the hall.

sillie looked through the window, gasping as the pit in her stomach got bigger.

he was laying on the table, pale with his head tilted to the side. he wasn't moving at all. 

"no. no, no. scott." she rushed into the room and stood beside him, checking his pulse. "scott. no, come on. please... scott!" she sobbed. she started giving him chest compression, needing him to be ok. "scott, please! please, no, no, not you too. scotty!"

doctor geyer came up from behind her, trying to pull her away since he knew CPR wouldn't help scott.

"no, no! get off of me!" she screamed, her voice breaking so much. "scotty! scott! no!" she wailed, trying to get out of his arms. 

stiles ran into the hall way, standing by the door. "sillie! sils!" he took her from doctor geyer's arms, pulling her into the hall. "come with me."

"no, i-i can- i can help him!" sillie cried hysterically. "stiles, get off! i can help him!"