Stubborn

The seconds achingly passed by of uncertainty of what would happen next. Pure fear crept into Peter's body. The worst being unraveled before him. He only had five seconds to think on what was his next move. This next move defined everything. Defined if he could protect Nat. Defined if he could stop an evil old friend. Defining the moment who he truly was... a superhero or a villain in this story.

The blood pumping through his veins filling with rage now. His adrenaline had began to kick in. He closed his eyes as he whispered behind him, "Keep the mask on."

Nat didn't have time to interject because before she knew it she saw spider web's flying across the room. She froze in place as her eyes grew wider and wider at what she was witnessing right in front her.

Peter Parker the man with the mask.

The man who had saved her that night. The night she was seen, the night that pulled Spider-Man from hiding back into the light.

Peter Parker was Spider-Man.

She blinked profusely not being able to process everything at once. She had tuned out the noises around her whilst Peter yelled, "NAT! RUN! NAT! RUN!"

She felt something cling onto her stomach as she looked down to find a spiderweb. She immediately brought her head back up as she felt herself pulled forward with rapid speed into Peter's arms. He embraced her away from a sudden explosion in the room. Peter looked down at her as she looked up at him.

She stumbled on her words, "P-Peter.. Y-y-your..."

His eyes went soft as he kissed her softly on the lips and pulled away to stay, "You need to get out of here, please."

Nat nodded and whispered, "Okay."

Peter pulled her back up as he pushed her to start running which she did. She didn't know how because it was almost as if she couldn't feel anything in her body move. She was too in shock to feel anything, her body, emotions, nothing.

Nat ran to the spiral stairwell leading to the first floor. She turned back as she saw Peter become the man he was. The man under the suit. He was Spider-Man in that moment there. So heroic and beautiful. She smiled to herself in disbelief that she was in fact dating a superhero.

She saw Harry's face evil smile at her as he launched Peter across the floor. He slowly walked towards her.

He laughed, "Oh, Nathalie Amelia Rodriguez... You have no idea what you've gotten yourself into."

Her face dropped, she had realized she had the mask lifted above her face to properly look at Peter. She pulled it over her face in fear. Suddenly, it felt as if the room was spinning. She stumbled down the steps not being able to feel her legs move. She grasped onto the stair rod to balance herself. She got to where the crowds and crowds of people were singing, dancing, and yelling.

Nat yelled on the top of her lungs, "EVERYONE GET OUT!"

No one could hear her. She hopped off the steps and marched her way to the DJ booth. She had to go up against the crowd of people hopping up and down to the beat of the music. She got to the DJ booth, and said, "Miles, cut it now!"

Miles rolled his eyes as he covered his open ear with his DJ headphones. Nat could feel her veins boil.

She walked over to where the amplifiers were plugged in, and every bone in her body ached to not want to do what she had to do. She bent down and took a deep breath in, and unplugged the amplifiers. The room went silent, and suddenly you could hear the explosions and things breaking coming from upstairs.