CHAPTER 57 ↠ feeling helpless

When they got to Polly's house, without Polly, Bea went to wash her face and mouth and then to her room

"I'm going to call a doctor to check on your stitches," Michael announces as she goes to her room.

Bea didn't answer and just locked herself in the room.

"She didn't even let me help her," Finn says to Isaiah as they sit on his office after the funeral.

"Her brother just died," Isaiah points out.

"Yeah, so I want to be there for her, to help her."

"Well, Bonnie did die because of your family. The Billy Boys said they had a message for Tommy and they used Bonnie to pass it through."

"That's not my fault."

"Of course, not. But put yourself in her shoes. She probably wishes Bonnie, and herself, had never met any of you Shelby's. Most likely he'd still be alive right now."

"You really think she wishes that?"

"Wouldn't you?"

"I don't know..." Finn raises his glass to his lips and drinks its contents. "Bea did tell Tommy she was angry at Aberama and not him."

"She was being graceful. As she always is. But deep down, she blames Tommy and most likely, every other Shelby and your businesses."

"So you think I should just leave her alone."

"Not alone, but don't go to her so soon. She wants to be alone, to grieve on her own. Let her. When she's ready, she'll just show up and talk to you."

"She shouldn't have to be alone."

"She clearly wants to be."

"She left with Michael."

"Had to leave with someone," Isaiah dismisses.

"Could have left with me."

"You two are closer than she and Michael. He probably doesn't talk to her much and that's what she wants."

"I could have not talked to her."

"Are you jealous of Michael taking your grieving lover home?"

"Well, he did ask her to marry him."

"What?!" Isaiah asks shocked, leaning forward on his chair. "When?"