The Day of the Party

Punctuation Key:

"Spoken dialogue"

'Quoting'

*Action*

Emphasis

Internal thoughts/talking to Ciel

[[Ciel talking]]

{{Thought Communication}}

I also have a discord server for discussion, questions, suggestions, or whatever. https://discord.gg/SVkTU2CQ2s

Rimuru POV

On the way back to the mansion, I give Sullivan the run-down on exactly what happened in the last few hours. He was inevitably worried earlier, which makes sense considering that I never told him I planted a copy of myself in the school. Iruma walked beside us, strangely remaining silent the entire time throughout our conversation. I chalk it up to him being exhausted from the day's events.

"You could have at least informed me that you were present at the school. You were much too convincing when you acted like we needed to get to Babyls urgently." Sullivan says in a tired voice.

"If I acted like there was no rush, the police would have been even more suspicious of me. They're already more concerned than I would like, considering that they took the other me with them for questioning."

"How does that work anyway, your copy?" he asks quizzically.

"It's essentially another me, not necessarily a copy. It isn't any less real than the body in front of you. I can control both actively at the same time, but it's easier to completely split my thoughts from theirs, which is what I did." I describe my ability as simply as possible, not wanting to confuse the old man. It's pretty complicated, sometimes even confusing me, so I don't go into full depth when explaining.

"Don't you find that unsettling, a doppelganger walking around acting outside your control?"

"I mean, it's still me so there's nothing to worry about. They won't do anything I wouldn't do." I say, chuckling at his uneasiness.

There's no way my other self would do anything to hurt me.

"It's not nice to talk about people behind their backs." I hear a voice say smugly from behind, startling the three of us.

Sullivan and Iruma swiftly look behind our group and see the other 'me' standing on the road, having returned from the station. They're laughing loudly at our surprised expressions.

Thanks, other 'me' for immediately making me eat my own words...

[[*giggles*]]

This is your fault again, Ciel! You're attached to both my bodies, yet you still didn't warn me!

[[I didn't want to go against your wishes, Master. The other 'you' told me not to warn you.]]

That little bastard...

"Hey, don't sneak up behind me like that! Also, I can talk about myself if I want to." I talk back to my other self snarkily.

"Haha, but startling people is so fun! You should know that." My other self laughs at me more.

I roll my eyes at them, knowing full well that I would do the same if I was in their position.

"So, how did it go with the police?" I ask, diverting attention away from the prank.

"Do I have to explain it? It will take a while."

"Nah, it'll be easier just to merge back together."

Both my (our?) bodies turn to slime before merging and reforming into human shape. I feel the sensation of my mind filling with the memories of the interrogation. I have mixed feelings about the little prank I pulled on myself a moment ago now that I have memories from both perspectives. It's confusing being both the pranker and the prankee at the same time.