𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒

𝐰𝐞𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬.

████████████████████

𝗔𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗲 𝗖𝘂𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗻 / 𝗖𝗼𝗿𝗮𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗲 𝗗𝘂𝗻𝗲━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"You'll crush me." Coraline says when Aspen engulfed her in an endearing embrace, almost intentionally as if her ribcage would give up and just crack under the pressure of the hold against her. "I fear you would — Let go of me now before people notice." She croaks out, exhaled in relief, holding her chest and feel it heal and not leave a sign of a crack.

     "Deserved." Aspen mutters, a bit playful and undergoing on casting a protective shield around her sister who held no faction of idea on it but knew she would eventually. Just not right away.

     "Coraline." Everleigh had completely long forgotten her luggage, letting it roll to whichever when she embraces her daughter who she hasn't seen for a while. Two months seemed like forever to the non-sleeping immortals in Seattle-Tacoma international airport.

The luggage was saved by Caspian who caught it before it rolls down a slope set of stairs nearby. The Dune family reunited more completely, not one being away and not three staying together. All of them felt much more complete, already driving to the town which they fought a battle in. Caspian already wore his tux, a white and general tie was tucked in his pocket and ready to be worn later-on in the venue.

     "Alice." Edward peeks in the make-up room, wearing his completely white polo, a few buttons were undone by his neck that shown that he was just getting ready for his own wedding. Despite being so early to begin, Alice forced him to wear his suit now as she was too excited. Partly enough to distract herself that Coraline isn't attending the big day.

     "Oh — Good you're here." Alice exaggerates, pulling up a chair in front of the vanity that was filled with makeups she converted neatly since three in the morning. "Sit down before I make you."

     At this point, Edward didn't protest and did what he was told.

     "I think I'm good without makeup." Edward slightly leans forward, tangling his fingers in his disheveled bronze hair into another complete mess. Between his hint of being nervous and his own wedding coming closer, he cannot sit still and do nothing in one setting.

"It's just a few adjustments." Alice slapped his hand away and Edward jerks his hand off to the armchair's armrest. "And it'll have to be quick. Bella seems to not have gotten a lot of sleep last night." She huffs, fixing her brother's hair with a comb and hairspray. As if that wasn't enough, Edward coughs lightly by the strong smell of the mist.

     "Give her a bit of a break." Edward softly says, wanting to just tell Alice that she'd have a date for today but put on a very good show. "So. . . has she chosen a different route for today?" He didn't have to mention a name.

Alice seem to pause slightly, her hand fixing Edward's hair continued as if she didn't freeze to think about something to say. "The wedding would start in three hours, Bella should be here by now." She huffs again, evading the question as if it was going to harm her. Alice didn't react well to her efforts being subsided like it was nothing.

No matter how hard she tried, Alice was always going to be upset that Coraline isn't attending. Especially when she hasn't seen the travelling nomad in such a long period of time. Two months is already a mouthful, it goes badly mixed with sleepless vampiric nights with Alice Cullen.

"I'm surprised you agreed to come." Coraline admits, stepping out of the vehicle and sees almost a crowd of talkative humans enter the Cullen household in excitement.

"I heard you were going so what other choice did I have?" Aspen sighs, fixing an earing on her right ear when she stands besides her sister. Besides the wedding, Aspen was a bit uneasy of seeing a familiar face she resented yet loves at the same time. If that ever makes sense.

"And if I didn't go?" Coraline was originally not suppose to attend, not wanting to be in a wedding she held no use of in. But lately, she noticed that all her actions and decisions rely simply on one person, Alice. Her choice of travelling alone has been helpful in her road of expressing into an emotion she avoided.

"Then I would not be here at all."

Everleigh Dune and her family tended to greet familiar faces who were stationed to greet their guests. It was a short moment that Coraline had to leave, momentarily apologizing to Aspen when she was dreading to see Rosalie today. Then Esme appointed her daughter's mate upstairs, telling her where to go.

     In a deserted room, Alice was fixing cosmetics on the vanity table and slowly stands straight, catching a vision that confused her deeply. It was her dancing with Coraline and it was to happen tonight. The image itself seemed euphoric, a heavenly feeling that made the seer breathless to see Coraline lean in to whisper something in her ear that made her shortly chuckle before continuing to dance, drowning the music under water.

     "I hope that you're not too upset that I lied." Alice was brought back to reality, turning her head too quickly to hear a clear voice from the archway. Coraline was leaning her side on the doorway after patiently waiting for Alice to finish her vision. "Are you not?"

     "Oh — Cora!" Alice exclaims happily, speedily running to Coraline in such a blur that it almost knocked them off their feet and onto the wooden floorboards. Happier and much lighter, Alice hugs her deeply and letting herself get lost into the familiar warm arms that holds her with such sensibility. "Yes — Of course I'm mad!" She says and hits Coraline's chest.

     Coraline shortly laughs, felt Alice bury herself in the crook of her neck. "I deeply apologize." She sighs deeply, about to let go but felt Alice refuse and hold her closer.

"You better be." Alice mumbles, felt herself blush. "How on Earth did you avoid my visions?" She pressured to ask, backing away once realizing they weren't there yet. Not yet.

     "I happen to recall a certain clairvoyant telling me of how her gifts function." Coraline muses mischievously, glancing down for a short second and to meet those yellow gaze pierced onto hers attentively. "Including how to evade it very well."

     "I told you those with confident." Alice huffs, her arms crossed in an act of offended.

     "Which I took with ease." The immortal replies with a softer smile. "Can I happen to make it up to you?" She offers generously, happy to help in whichever means to please Alice.

     Alice held a thoughtful expression, "Help me with Bella's makeup." She pointed.

     "I'll do my best." Coraline bows her head attentively, chuckled lowly.

     "And you owe me a dance later."

     "I thought that was a given already?" Coraline yet again looks up to Alice's soft gaze, filled with adoration and relief.