Chapter 2: Thoughts

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow <3

☾︎ Maeve ☽︎

Do some humans think about the fact why we exist? Why we're on this earth, for what purpose exactly?

Because I do, and I still don't know why or what i'm even doing here. The only thing I learned from being on this earth is how people can judge you before knowing you, how badly they want to hurt you.

Simply put, I just want people to know me as Maeve Nystrom and not as the mob boss's daughter. I simply want to be like everyone else; a normal teen. I don't want people to be afraid of me or whisper everytime they see me.

But that's life right, life is so unfair.

~ ~ ~

As the sun shines on my face, my eyelids flutter open, and I stand up prepared to face the day. I walked over to the bathroom and peered into the mirror; I had stayed up too late and now my eyes were all puffy.

After brushing my teeth and washing my face with cold water while letting the water trickle down my face, I change into a white dress and put my hair in a low braid.

I tidy up my room and write for a while to express myself before going downstairs to eat breakfast. My mother turned to me while she was still in the kitchen cooking the meals and smiled, "Goodmorning, did you sleep good?" She comes closer kissing my forehead.

"I did mother. Where are the others?" I look around the room, she turns around checking on the food, "Your brothers are on a mission with your father." I nod - when are they not.

People would expect my father to be like a cruel monster but he isn't. I mean he is to people who deserve it, but not to his family. We're his family after all. And I would probably kick his ass if he was mean to me. Just kidding.

My mother and I eat our food, cleaning it up once we're done until I remembered that I had to go, "Ah, I forgot. I was going to hang out with Ethan and Kayla," I gave my mother an apologetic smile, she shakes her head and laughes.

"Go ahead, don't be late." I smile and leave the house a couple moments after, walking towards the meeting point.

I arrive and see Ethan and Kayla waiting for me, I wave at them, walking closer. "You're here, babe." Ethan smiles kissing me, "Stop it already," Kayla pretends to throw up hugging me after.

"I'm her boyfriend, I'm allowed to kiss her," Ethan says like he is about to claim me, "I know her more than seven years, I think she loves me more." Kayla backfires. I never understood these two. Kayla wasn't a big fan of Ethan in the beginning, I mean she still isn't.