━━━19

✿❯──────「✿」──────❮✿

•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*

"Excuse me?" Alma breathed harshly, nails digging into her own palms before she closed her eyes to control the anger that was boiling in her stomach.

Deciding to probably try to make up for the words Y/N tried to reason with the old lady. Who looked like she was on the verge of snapping every bone in her body. But decided less on the nexts words.

"I have protected this Familia from people like you," Alma stepped forward and poked Y/N harshly in the chest. The girl stepped back in defense and looked over he shoulder to see Camilo watching the interaction with no expression.

"Wasnt enough to protect Pedro, huh?" She ruffed, glaring at the old lady who's gaze faltered. "How dare you-" Camilo stepped in front of his Abuela quickly, turning to give Y/N the 'get out of here before you get turned into veal." Look.

She turned Watching as the others in the room did gave her the look too, Camilo gave her a unreadable look before Y/N quickly turned around a left casita. Thoughts swarming in her mind, nobody deserved that, Pepa, Julieta, Bruno whatever his name was. Didn't. She did go too far.

She was a few feet away from the doors when she spotted the cat walking up to her. A green stone in its mouth she blinked before grumbling in a low voice. "Mirabel." She sighed before turning at the house again, looks like she will have to go save the curly girls head before she gets herself almost killed.

"What if I just went home instead," she turned to the cat with a smile. It just meowed and Y/Ns face blanked as she looked at it, "I'm legit talking to a cat." She grumbled to herself and rubbed her eyes.

The cat blinked slowly at her, kinda like a frog. One eye went down then the next slowly, then again and again. Didn't it have a meaning? Probably that it hates her or something.

She just stood in front of the the cat like that again, whenever she tried moving again it would meow weakly. So now she was just watching the cat slow blink at her without being able to do anything.

"Okay I should go save Mirabel now." She sighed and went to turn but the cat let out a loud meow. She turned to it angrily, quickly mimicking the slow blinks. Surprised at when the cat meowed more happily and stood up, walking towards Casita.

"Alright time to go back in!" She cheered and followed the cat. Who instead of walking in using the front door, hopped on top of a windowsill and waited for the girl to catch up. Y/N cracked her knuckles before jumping up, yelling as she fell back onto the ground. Getting the wind knocked out of her she stared at the sky.

The second time she slowly got up onto the windowsill and it actually worked. Letting out a hooray! She looked up at the sudden intake of breath next to her, she turned and was staring at a Camilo who's face was extremely tiny and abnormal for his usual Body.

"I can believe we keep meeting like this, Amigo" she chuckled and his brows furrowed. "Amigo?" He scoffed, obviously upset at her latest comment. She felt slightly bad, but I mean it was the truth. Alma Madrigal was quite literally the only Madrigal who didn't like her.

"Find Mirabel yet?" She asked, the boy ignored her and instead worked on his form.

Y/N watched as Camilo forced his head back into normality. Groaning as his arm looked wrong he popped it black into place. Y/N blinked before smiling and walking past him. Ignoring his calls for her to wait.

"Alright where to?" She looked down at the cat. It gazed around the room before meowing and padding into the middle of the house. Y/N but her lip lightly before following the cat, yelping as a hand pulled her back.

"Camilo what the he-"

"So we're just going to forget what you said earlier?" He questioned, causing the girl to gulp lightly before scratching her neck. Looking away she let out a sigh before turning back to him with a blaze of anger in her eyes, "your Abuela said basically the same thing about my Mamá."

Camilo's gaze didn't falter but Y/N kept going, "I just returned the comment." She crossed her arms and leaned away from the boy. A silence filled the void between the two, Y/N turned over and raised her brows for the boy to finally talk.

Noticing this look Camilo grumbled before opening his mouth, " You can't fight fire with fire!"

"Just did."

Scoffing, Y/N turned towards where the cat was originally and saw it waiting patiently for her. Giving it a small pat on the head as she trotted up, watching as it quickly reared up and Pawed at the painting.

"What." She looked behind her for Camilos input but he still seemed a little bit pissed. Grumbling to herself quietly, she pulled the painting off the wall. Almost dropping it as a rat flew from right under her feet. The cat watched it with a bored look.

"Wow good job Y/N," Camilo said sarcastically.

"Okay Mister My-Eights-look-like-B's." She grumbled and ignored the boys look. Placing the painting on the ground she peered into the small hole that was left in the wall. The cat quickly jumped into it causing Y/N to give it a surprised look.

She went to follow it, stumbling forward slightly she almost fell into the looking darkness until a tight grip caught her hand. Camilo was watching her in worry and the two stared at each other for a few moments.

Y/N went to speak but before she could Camilo let go and she hit the ground harshly. "Ow." She grumbled and blinked at him before turning away with a scoff and following in the cat.

"Hey! Where you going?!"