Chapter Eighteen: Yes, And

(A/N: if they could completely ignore Cogsworth, I thought I could ignore a little detail and add "If Only, quartet" from The Little Mermaid on Broadway, as the song Bianca writes for Claudette, hehe! just the beginning, the first minute of the song is all I'm using:)

****************************************************************************************

*********************The drama club and I stand around Ricky, watching North High's beautiful Beauty and The Beast announcement video, from his phone

The drama club and I stand around Ricky, watching North High's beautiful Beauty and The Beast announcement video, from his phone.

"Oh, my gosh! That's what's-her-name.." Seb exclaims, before remembering, "Lily, from our auditions. She isn't just co-directing their show, she's starring in it."

Meanwhile, a nervous Ashlyn is pacing around. "You mean perfect-pitch, looks-like-an-actual-Disney-princess, super-fangirl/mean-girl Lily?"

"Oh," I sarcastically act as if realization dawned on me, nodding, "The Wicked Witch of North High."

"I'll go with yes." EJ teasingly answers.

"I remember her vaguely." She blurts out weakly.

"Thank you all for coming so quickly on a Saturday." Miss Jenn announces, walking in with Carlos.

"Or most of you all.." She went on, taking notice of Kourtney and Big Red's absence, "We're missing a teapot and a village idiot."

I nod in acknowledgment, "Kourt and Big Red couldn't get anyone to cover their shifts. I could, because somebody kinda owed me a favor.." The latter was quiet and meant only for Carlos to hear. He frowned momentarily and nodded, knowing that I was referring to Howie.

"Yeah, we know. You texted in the group." Seb grins, causing EJ to go wide-eyed and nudge his arm.

We all share a look of shock at the mention of the group chat without Miss Jenn.

Our drama teacher grows confused, "Oh.." pulling out her phone, "I didn't see that text."

"I meant the group chat with me, Bianca, and EJ!" Seb blurts a lie, so EJ and I nod along.

"But, I can't stay long. I have to go in eventually." I inform.

"And that leads us back to the matter at hand." Miss Jenn derails the topic, "I can tell from your solemn faces you've all seen..." She pauses for the dramatic, "The video."

"It's incredible." Carlos chimes in, "Even I have no notes. I can't believe they stole our show!"

"I think their Lumiere is an actual French exchange student." Ricky points out.