Interactions With the Misfits

Punctuation Key:

"Spoken dialogue"

'Quoting'

*Action*

Emphasis

Internal thoughts/talking to Ciel

[[Ciel talking]]

{{Thought Communication}}

I also have a discord server for discussion, questions, suggestions, or whatever. https://discord.gg/SVkTU2CQ2s

Old Note From Original Posting: (Author's Note: Extra Chapter for you guys! I'll still release something else on Friday, so don't worry. This is gonna be a weird chapter, just a heads-up. It is a collection of individual scenes that don't have specific points in the plot where they take place (any time after meeting the Misfit Class). I couldn't decide where to stick them in actual chapters without them feeling out of place. None of them are exactly plot-relevant, so their point in time doesn't need to be specific. Think of this as one of those 'clip show' episodes of a tv show that give you a break from the main plot. I tend to come up with a lot of stupid little ideas on the fly that I don't end up using, but putting them together like this makes them sharable without having to shoehorn them into a real chapter.)

Still, I decided to post this as an extra again even though I already uploaded one today.

The Invisible Boy

Rimuru POV

I decide it's about time that I talk to the mysterious student that sits in the back of the class and never talks. Soi Purson. He seems to have some innate ability that hides his presence and makes him practically invisible to everyone. Everyone that isn't me, that is.

"Hey, my name's Rimuru, yours is Soi, right?"

The boy gives no response to my greeting.

"I know most people can't see you when you do that, but you can't hide from me. Why do you hide anyway? Are you just shy?"

Still no response. I sense the boy is trying to hide himself from me even more.

"It's not gonna work. If you really want me to, I'll leave you alone. Just say the word!" I say, trying to squeeze some kind of acknowledgment out of him.

"How are you able to still see me?" the boy asks quietly, looking very anxious.

"I'm very perceptive. Plus, I can do the same thing too." I say as I turn myself invisible and then back.

The boy's eyes bulge slightly before he goes back to a flat expression.

"Seriously, my family is supposed to be the best at the art of hiding, but you seem to be more skilled than me somehow."

"Well, I'm pretty good when it comes to using magic..."

"Hey, Rimuru! Why're you standing over there talking to yourself?" Lead asks from across the classroom.

"Heh, I guess this is the end of our brief conversation. It was nice finally talking to you, you seemed so lonely..."

"Yeah...it was nice actually talking to someone...when people talk to me, I get nervous and reflexively hide myself. Then they stop talking and walk away, which hurts my confidence even more. Let's talk again another time, Rimuru." Soi says with a shy smile.

"Sure, I would be happy to!"

I feel bad for this poor kid, he's really shy and doesn't have any friends. Nobody even acknowledges his existence! If talking to him every so often helps him, I don't mind doing it.