chapter 4

A/n: I hate this.

~~~

[ extra ]

5 months after the incident.

You look into the bathroom mirror with tear-filled eyes. The sunlight peaking at you from your window radiated off of your skin, making your tear-stained face glow.

Gregory and Leah had to leave for a family meet-up, while you volunteered to stay home. In all honesty, you really needed time to yourself, so that you could let out all of your built up thoughts.

"I can barely remember much from my other life. It's like my memories are slowly fading, but are still somewhat there." You say in frustration, staring down intensely at the sink while you drown in your thoughts.

After a few minutes of thinking to yourself, you splash your face with water and dry off. You race upstairs to your room, searching through all of your drawers.

"Where is it," you mutter, slamming a drawer open. "There-."

You take out a notepad, toss it onto your desk, and pick up a pen from your bedside table. You sit down on a chair and open the book, tapping your pen on the empty page.

"I'll have to quickly write down as much as I can remember from the game before I forget everything. And maybe even.. no, my survival is what's important right now."

Thoughts of your family crossed your mind. The fact that you might not get to see them again was clawing at your heart.

A tear falls from your cheek and lands on the sheet of paper in front of you.

.

.

.

"Scared? Pft-no.. noo!" You scoff. A bead of sweat rolling down your cheek as you face away from your 'friend'.

It's currently been 4 weeks since you've started working at the job. Right now, you're sitting in the staff's living room with Vanessa.

"I mean, yeah? Ever since you've started, you would leave maintaining the animatronics to me. You even try your best to avoid them every time you clock in." Your freckled friend states, smirking with her arms crossed.

"That's not true! I clean the stage and their instruments. Really well, at that." You say, stubbornly crossing your arms while you turn away from her. You were quite confident in your skill for cleaning, since It only seems right to make such amazing things that are still so new to you glow. But you thought of the animatronics as an exception. Avoiding them at all costs and cleaning their instruments in a sperate room for Vanessa to collect later on.

Speaking of Vanessa. Despite being great friends with her already, you can't help but shake the feeling that you're forgetting something every time you talk to her. However, since she's such a great friend, you decide to ignore these 'trivial' feelings of yours.

"Sure~" she says, playfully rolling her eyes.

"By the way, what time is it? I left my phone at home." You pout, feeling so bored without your music to keep you going.

"It's, er... 2am. Oh, shoot! I have to check the maintenance room. See you, y/n!" Vanessa says, jogging off.

"Wait but i-" you try calling out to Vanessa for something, but she had already disappeared. You sigh, sitting back down and running a hand through your hair.

"Well, then. I guess I'll walk around and check out the robots.." you mumble, standing up and walking off.

.

.

.

You sit on the edge of the fountain, humming a song from one of your favorite shows. You started missing and reminiscing over how you would fight over the remote with your brother to change the channel a while ago. For some reason, ever since, you've had parts of a melody from your show stuck in your head on repeat.

You sigh to yourself, trying to think of something else while you look up at the statue.

The lights reflect off of your figure and make your skin glow. From every angle, one could say you looked like a model on instagram.

Suddenly, you start thinking about why you even started working here in the first place. You could have simply looked for another job other than this one. Although it has good pay, you knew how dangerous it was for you to be working here. Was a few dollars really worth your life?

You shake your head a little to escape your thoughts. Unaware of the large bear standing a few feet away from you, you start think over whether or not the statue was truly made from pure gold.

The sound of moving gears shocks you out of your dazed state, making you jump in surprise at seeing the large figure in front of you. Upon seeing that it was just Glamrock Freddy, you sigh in relief. Although this is your first meeting, you felt far safer with him than the other animatronics.

"God, you scared me. Is it time for you guys to be walking around already?" You say, running a hand through your hair for the thousandth time today.

Feeling a little uncomfortable by the awkward atmosphere, you mentally face palm. Right, he doesn't know that you know he can kinda think and talk freely.

"Hello? I'm feeling awkward here. Talk to me, Fred-bear." You sigh, leaning on the palm of your hand.

Seeing that he wasn't taking any action and was just staring down at you, you stand up. You felt a little creeped out and decided to start walking away.

"I.." Fredbear speaks up, making you stop and turn around to hear what he has to say. "I apologize. Dearly. I didn't mean to cause you any forms of.. discomfort."

You smile a little softly at this, feeling your heart melt. He was more adorable up close than he was behind your laptop screen.

"That's sweet, but.. was there a reason you were just standing there?" You ask, hand on your hip as you look up at him. He seemed a little bigger than in the game. Though, you already have a few theories that you thought up a while ago.

Since this world was originally a part of a game, some places have gotten bigger. The pizzaplex has a few extra floors and the robots had gotten a little bigger. You assume it has something to do with the original plot regarding the game in the future and to fit this world a little more realistically. You've also come to realize that this takes place a couple of years before Gregory gets trapped in here.

Anyways, the animatronic shakes his head.

"I was.. trying to get a better look at you. Since you normally tend to avoid us, despite being a night guard here. I was a little curious."

"Mhm.. go on." You hum, a small smile perking at the edges of your lips.

"I intended to see you up close for only a short while and perhaps start a conversation, however.. you seemed lost in thought. I truly meant no ill will." His robotic bear ears drooped down a little, making you fangirl on the inside. You let out a small sigh.

"Yes, I know. I'm sorry for not paying much attention to you guys over the past few weeks. I just, uhm.. this is all new to me since I'm from a foreign country. Yeah, that.." you felt a little guilty for lying. But what else can you do? Tell him you're from another world, got killed by the main antagonist from this one, and reincarnated into a game? Crazy...

"I see.. If you prefer it, I will try to stay away from you for now, unless it is important. Again, I apologize for startling you earlier." He's so sweet that it's beginning to make you feel bad for acting a little sassy earlier. You just want to hug him and pat his head.

"It's alright, Freddy. I have to leave soon, so you should do your own thing. I'll see you tonight." You say, walking off.

"Have a good night, Superstar." The animatronic says, waving you off. The last part made you want to scream and squeal in happiness. However, you kept a straight pokerface.

~~~
[ unedited ]