Return to Tempest

Punctuation Key:

"Spoken dialogue"

'Quoting'

*Action*

Emphasis

Internal thoughts/talking to Ciel

[[Ciel talking]]

{{Thought Communication}}

I also have a discord server for discussion, questions, suggestions, or whatever. https://discord.gg/SVkTU2CQ2s

Rimuru POV

With our plans set in motion, we prepare to leave. Iruma seems both excited and apprehensive about leaving, but I think that's a normal reaction. He doesn't know a lot about Tempest, so of course, he's gonna be a little nervous at first. I just hope my people don't make too big of a fuss when I show up out of nowhere. I considered telling them ahead of time and putting off the trip until next week or something, but I decided against it. If they knew I was coming home in advance, they'd surely overdo it with some kind of celebration. I love our festivals, but for someone as anxious as Iruma, the large crowds and craziness associated with them would be overwhelming. I'm sure they'll throw some kind of party anyway but on a smaller scale, which is best.

I also sent Diablo ahead of us, along with Sullivan, so he can show his friend around personally. Diablo's also giving my top subordinates a heads-up about my arrival, so they can prepare at least a little ahead of us.

There is one little snag I'm having to deal with before we depart, though; Veldora. He doesn't want to leave for whatever reason. I suspect that his reluctance comes from whatever he escaped from when he first came here. At the time, I concluded that he probably pissed off one of the other True Dragons, and his current behavior now reinforces that idea.

"C'mon, Veldora! You can't stay behind!" I shout through the door he's barricaded himself behind.

"Rimuru, please!"

"Dammit, Veldora! Just come out already! I don't want to force you to do this, but I can't have you staying here alone. You need to pay a visit to the labyrinth to do your job, too. I'm sure that thing's running low on magicules at this point."

"B-but Rimuru!"

"No buts! If you don't come willingly I'll pack you up like luggage and drag you back instead!"

"I don't want to go back there! I'll end up dying!" he whines.

"What the hell are you talking about?! Why are you gonna die?"

"Velgrynd is mad at me..."

"What did you do, Veldora?" I ask sternly.

"Why do you assume I did something?"

"Because you did. Why else would she be angry with you?"

"I...um...I p-played a prank on Masayuki..." he reluctantly admits.

Oh, brother...

Yes, he's played some kind of a prank on the somewhat naïve boy-toy of his older sister. She takes overprotective to a whole other level when it comes to Masayuki, and it seems that Veldora has set her off by messing with her man. Masayuki is admittedly an easy target when it comes to that type of thing, even now, years after he became Emperor of the Eastern Empire. I used to tease him a bit back in the day, but I've had to hold off on that ever since Velgrynd found him.

*sigh* "Just apologize and I'm sure she will go a little easy on you at least. Just be glad it's her and not Velzard you pissed off this time."

"Can't I just stay here and read manga? I promise I won't cause any trouble!"