The People of Tempest

Punctuation Key:

"Spoken dialogue"

'Quoting'

*Action*

Emphasis

Internal thoughts/talking to Ciel

[[Ciel talking]]

{{Thought Communication}}

I also have a discord server for discussion, questions, suggestions, or whatever. https://discord.gg/SVkTU2CQ2s

Rimuru POV

Geez...that meeting took forever!

I've just finished a multiple-hour-long meeting about what's happened since I left, along with a large stack of paperwork I had to finish. Some new projects have sprung up in my absence and needed my direct approval before starting. That meeting was grueling but necessary, I've already slacked for the last few months so I have no excuse to avoid something like that.

So, now that that's all taken care of, I need to fetch Iruma. He was curious about how I brought all these folks together under one banner, so I had their respective leaders stick around after the meeting so he can talk with them. He's been with Gobta for most of the day today, so I hope he's had fun with him. Gobta's a fun guy, so I'm sure he has. Let's just pray that they haven't gotten Iruma into any trouble...nah, Gobta's a full-grown adult! He knows better than to do something too stupid! Plus, with the offer of going to see the 'Butterflies' in Dwargon, I'm sure he's kept himself in check.

So, I use my universal detect to track him down and teleport nearby. I find him still with Gobta (thankfully), but he looks a bit different than before. It seems Gobta's taken him shopping in one of the touristy areas of town since the boy's loaded up with 'Tempest Merch', a hat, a t-shirt, a freakin' plush version of my slime form (which I can't help but feel embarrassed about), among other things. Seems like Gobta's been generous with him, buying all that for Iruma; the kid looks pretty happy too, grinning from ear to ear.

"Hey, did you have fun, Iruma?"

Iruma turns around in surprise before enthusiastically nodding his head, still smiling brightly.

"Yes, I did! There are so many cool places and delicious foods here!"

"Good job Gobta! It seems like you've done good today." I praise him since he did his job well as far as I can tell.

As Iruma excitedly recounts what he's done today, Gobta just stands there smugly grinning, looking satisfied with himself. Some people nearby are looking at Gobta with awe, probably partially due to me publicly praising him and also since he's become fairly popular from being one of my 'Big Four'. I've heard people say he's 'handsome' or 'dashing' when he's confident, but I'll never see that when it comes to this doof. All I see is the dopey little goblin I met all those years ago. On the inside he's changed, but on the outside? Nah, not one bit. Sorry to break it to you man, but that's the truth!

After Iruma tells me all about his day, I lead him back to the meeting hall, leaving Gobta behind. I'll meet up with him later after Iruma's settled in for the night in his guest room. It's not like I can take Iruma with me to a bar, the kid's way too young for that! What? You're saying when I first went there I was only a few months old?! Shut up! That's an entirely different situation! Plus, I couldn't even get drunk back then anyway, so who cares how old I was ?... that isn't the problem, huh? The scantily clad girls aren't an issue either, since I don't have a desire to do 'stuff' with women anymore, even beautiful elves. They're sure nice to look at, but nothing more since a certain someone won't let me have a sex drive or the parts piloted by one!