Chapter Nineteen: Field Trip

***********************Carlos posted the video of me at the piano singing 'If Only' , the song I wrote for Claudette

Carlos posted the video of me at the piano singing 'If Only' , the song I wrote for Claudette. And as for the population over here, my video was considered viral, which resulted in Gina and EJ inviting me to their morning announcements show.

"Now, for our first-ever guest. You know her from Claudette's song that been blowing up the East High's Instagram.." Gina announces.

"Oh, uh, quick reminder, tickets for Beauty and the Beast go on sale next week." EJ informs, looking into the camera.

She nods, "Hmm, that's right, EJ. Now, please welcome.. Bianca Sweeney."

The camera pans to me, who is sitting before them. I smile and wave, feeling kind of awkward. "Thanks for having me."

"Let's clear up the rumor.." EJ pauses for the dramatic.

"It's not about you." I firmly blurt, without hesitation.

He puts his hands up in surrender, "Hey, hey, I know that." EJ points at his chest for emphasis, then at the camera, "But the viewers don't. So, thank you for clearing it up."

I huff a laugh and crack a small smile, "There's no bad blood between us."

"You heard it here first.." EJ dramatically looks into the camera.

"Yes, you did." Gina matches his energy, and they both laugh together after looking into the camera.

The corners of my mouth quirk up genuinely, eyes slightly narrowed as I analyzed them. Gina and EJ have grown much closer since Carlos' Quinceañero. They're sweet together. Ever since they got close, Ricky seems less significant to her; she seems to no longer have feelings for her old crush.

He then pretends he just got a message in an earpiece, "This just in... Bianca's song has over 2,500 views, making it the most viewed post in drama club Instagram history."

My eyes widen as shock crosses my face, "What?"

"Songwriting skills, universal acclaim... Bianca, how does it feel to be you right now?" Gina dramatically questions.

I look into the camera, "It feels amazing. You know, my best friend, Carlos, posted the video, so..I only have him to thank." I grin, putting my thumbs up high to conclude.

*****************************
"Hey.." Nini approaches my locker, with a nervous grin.

Confusion crosses my face, "What's up?"

She sighs, "I'm not sure where we stand.."

I cross my arms and tense awkwardly, "Yeah.."

"I never apologized for everything I've done. I'm sorry for-" I cut her off.

"You know what, Nini? It's okay, I promise. I took the 'new year, new me' thing to heart this year."