By the river

Angie was fully in love with Encanto's forest, she learned in less than three visits to the place. In the first time, she was too busy focusing on saving the Madrigal's boy to grasp the beauty of the place she was in.

But now, knowing that there was no harm coming for her or anyone else, she was taking her time to just enjoy the walk. She had never fully explored a forest before, she had a few chances to walk through parks with her mother, but doing something like that, walking into pure wilderness was a whole different experience.

Everything about it felt great to the girl's senses. From the bits of sunlight and heat that would reach her skin from time to time as she passed under trees, to the cold wind that touched her face carrying the smells of dozens of different plants at once. 

Following Bruno madrigal to the middle of nowhere could have been a stupid idea, she knew as a matter of fact that this is what everyone in the village would say about it. Following anyone to the middle of a forest could be a stupid idea, anyone could just snap and turn into a mass killer stabbing everyone, specially their best friends...

She really needed to stop reading her father's books. Reading about the biggest murderer of last century was getting into her head in a bad way.

She couldn't refuse Bruno's proposal of taking a stroll around the woods. Angie had asked about what he liked to do, and he was just so excited to show her once he decided about one thing. She couldn't just turn back once he pointed out that they would have to walk to the deepest parts of the woods.

Bruno wasn't one to talk much, so she would take any chance to hear what he has to say even if the book she read the night before said he could probably kill her easily in a place where no one would hear her screams.

"We are almost there." He said walking  few steps ahead.

"You have been saying that for a while now, I'm starting to doubt how verdadero you are." The blond said, a smirk plastered on her face as she jumped over a fallen tree-branch.

"Okay, maybe you're right. But this time is truth... At least I hope so." The boy mumbled the last part, doubting himself.

He had taken this path a thousand times, but perhaps this was the day he would turn around the wrong tree, he could possibly get lost. After some time his mother would send the village in a search for them, but considering how most people felt about him, they probably wouldn't look too hard for him. He would push people so away that they would soon give up searching and Angie would be there in the middle of the forest lost and cold, and hungry, and it would be his fault because he couldn't just have a normal hobby. She would be stuck there with him, and they would just die there because he didn't want spoilers about the day, he could have just predicted how the day would go and chosen the better path. But maybe he would have predicted something even worst and inevitable, so he couldn't take a risk like that...

He was taken out of his line of thought by the sound of water close to them. They were on the right path, they were really almost there, he hadn't messed up, not yet at least.

"Water? Do you have a river around here?"  He could almost hear Angie's smile in her voice. They weren't even there, and she was already happy with whatever he was trying to share.

"Yes, it goes basically all the way to the village. But I just... It's better for me being in this part because most people don't come here." He explained with a shrug.

"Oh, that seems kinda fair. I don't really like having lots of people around either." She changed the focus a bit, not wanting him to think about why he felt the need to avoid the villagers.