Epilogue

MUKTA

There was a round of applause echoing in the huge ground as I innaugrated the Joshi's' plant and I could see all smiling faces around me. My eyes filled up with fresh tears as I see a board to a small building there. It is a small building but the name on it read 'Chandrakant Vaidyalaya' and the name alone made me emotional. My Baba!!! I love you so much Baba. I miss you!!!

My eyes were moist when I felt an arm around my shoulders and I turn around to see Omkar standing there with a smile.

'Please babygirl!!! It's a happy moment for you... please...no tears today!!!' saying he wiped my tears. I was missing Baba a lot when suddenly I see my phone ringing and it was a video call. I pick the same only to see Damodar Baba, Gauri Ayi, Pattu and Rudra Dada on the call. My throat fills up as I see Damodar Baba and I whisper...

'Baba.....' and he says ...

'We are proud of you Mukku. We knew you must be missing your father today but trust me although I don't know Marathi I will definitely being your Konkani version of Baba...' and I giggled in between my tears when everyone else added...

'And me your mother...' when Gauri Ayi said

'Im your brother!!!' Rudra Dada said but then when Pattu the great is around can anyone take away the cream from milk. She pulled the phone from Damodar Baba's hands and said...

'And I'm your everything Shizuka Vanni...I'm your sister in law, sister, bestie, cupid...I can even be your financial advisor!!! You see I make money for your husband too!!!' and I burst out laughing when Om jumps in the call and says...

'Yeah yeahhh thank you Pattu Maata!!! Bestow your blessings upon us!!!' and she dramatically raises her hand saying 'Tathaaastu Putra (God bless you son)' and we all burst out laughing.

'How is my niece' Om asks her and she scowls saying...
'Nephew it is!!! I want a baby boy!!!' and Rudra Dada jumps in saying...
'Baby girl it is!!!'

'Boy!!!'

'Girrrrrl!!!'

'Boyyyyyyyyyy!!'

'Shutup you both!!! And Dada please until and unless it's a healthy baby we don't care...do we?' I ask and he blushes when Pattu smiles and says...

'Oleeeee my hottieeee' and kisses his cheeks in excitement. When Om, me and our parents clear our throats. She gets a little too excited nowadays. Call it the pregnancy hormones but she's super cute. We spoke for sometime when they teased us to enjoy our honeymoon that we had planned to go post this inaugral ceremony.

Our concentration diverts as the Sarpanch walks in and he folds his hands infront of us. Omkar was still mad at him and didn't want to see his face. But he is very much elder and disrespecting him isn't right. I ask him to take a seat when he quietly sits down and says...

'I wanted to apologise to you Mukta. It was all my anger and frustration that caused all the mess. I am truly guilty about it!!!' and that's when Om stands up and spat angrily...

'What do you want now Sarpanch ji...you have screwed up enough!!! Now what are you here for!!!' and I kept my hand on Om's hand asking him to calm down but he looked furious.

'Mukta only because of him you did not get your Baba's house back. After swallowing all the money he has still gone in and illegally sold that property to that Goan businessman. For what??? Money??? I would have paid you ten times more you greedy man!!! But there's no medicine to jealousy!!! But don't worry with the next Panchayat elections I will make sure you loose your post and the rest ..your land...your property...your family!!! I have an eye on all... remember Sarpanch ji...you tried to attack my wife's dreams I destroy yours!!!