22❀

"Do you have everything you guys need?"

"Yes Sha-"

"Taser? Pepper spray? A gun?"

"Shay!"

Zameer and I were about to head out to my mom's house. Shay volunteered to watch Echo as Jackie wasn't available.

"I'm just trying to make sure you're safe, babe." Shay sighs, hiking Echo up further on her hip.

Echo was sleeping on Shay's shoulder, her mouth slightly parted and her eyelashes fluttering slightly on her chubby cheeks.

     She is so cute omg.

"Shay, I understand your concern. But, we'll be fine! Zameer will be there in case anything happens."

She sighs once again before walking over to me and kissing my cheek softly. I smile a cheeky smile at her making her playfully roll her eyes at me. She then moves over to Zameer and whispers something in his ear, making his eyes widen and he begins to cough.

"Be safe guys."

❀❀❀

Zameer and I were finally on the road, and we were playing 21 questions. He was driving, as per usual.

"What's your favorite flower?" He asks me in his usual calm voice.

"Lilacs. They're so pretty!"

"Hm. Alright. Your turn." He says, slightly smirking as if he knows something I don't.

Before I could even ask the question he speaks up again. 

"And ask me something deep; We're gonna be in this car for a while."

"Hmm. Okay. Why did you stay with me after you found out about Echo?"

The car goes silent for a moment and h he looks deep in thought before responding.

"I'm gonna be honest, I'm not entirely sure. I knew I couldn't leave you, and as soon as I saw her, I knew I wouldn't be able to leave her either. You both draw me in and I want nothing more than to watch her grow up. Even though she might not biologically be mine, I see her as my own little baby. She's just so cute." His eyes seem to light up as he speaks about her, making me tear up. If I don't marry this man-

"Awww. She sees you as her father anyways. Biological or not."

He blushes at this, making me gasp.

"Awe! You look so cute when you blush!" I say, moving my hands over the console to squish his cheeks together.

He rolls his eyes and removes my hand from his face before kissing it. He set my hand back in my lap but intertwines our fingers together, making me blush.