Late Night Adventures

It wasn't before long until we were walking into a little diner that was about 15 minutes away from the stadium. Surprisingly, it wasn't full of people. You would think that anywhere and everywhere would be full after a big concert in town. As soon as we set foot in the building, Alyssa and Adam bolted over to a booth in the corner of the place, and they sat down on the same side, Adam sliding in first and then Alyssa. She motioned for me and Dex to come over and sit in front of them. We glanced at each other and began making our way over.

"You two seem really excited to be here," Dex said, sliding into the booth first. Adam and Alyssa smiled at one another before turning back to answer him.

"This place is our favorite place to come and hang out," Adam stated first.

"Yeah! It's super quiet and almost always open, even late at night like tonight!" Alyssa chimed in with elation.

They both seemed to really light up at even the thought of this place. You honestly can't argue with them though, the atmosphere is so calm and relaxing. It definitely seems like a small, simple place to come and chill out. Alyssa turned to her brother and smiled before leaning over and whispering something in his ear. He nodded in agreement, and she jumped from her seat and went over to the worker at the front.

"Where is she going?" Dex asked, looking away from the window.

"You'll see," Adam replied with a grin. I raised an eyebrow at Dex, and he just shrugged, turning back to look outside.

Alyssa finally began making her way back over to the table and slid into her seat. She was wearing her usual bright smile, obviously enjoying whatever it was she and Adam were planning.

"What did you do?" I asked, slightly turning my head in confusion and curiosity.

"You'll see!" She replied, repeating Adam's earlier words.

I kept the perplexed look on my face, causing Alyssa to beam wider. It wasn't until a waitress came over with a tray full of milkshakes that I realized what was happening. She balanced the tray with one hand and began setting the four cups down on the tabletop. The siblings thanked her and she walked off. It kind of shocked me how she didn't recognize or say anything about me. Usually, the waiters or waitresses freak out and tell their co-workers, managers, or owners, thus resulting in everyone finding out I'm there and the paparazzi finding my location. It's difficult to deal with, but that's not the point right now!

I watch as Alyssa slides one of the glasses in front of me and one in front of Dex before taking one for herself and one for her brother. Both of them smiled at us, watching and waiting for us to take sips of our drinks. Dex and I shared another look before we started drinking the milkshakes. Our eyes widened as soon as the cold treat hit our tongues.

"Whoa..." Dex said, staring down at the slightly brownish gray-filled mug.

"This is one of the best milkshakes I've ever tasted!" I said, looking between the two of them and my cup, "What is it?"

Alyssa and Adam started laughing at our reactions, expecting but also not expecting how we would respond to the drinks.

"They're toasted marshmallow!" Alyssa said, happily eating the cherry off the top.

"They're the absolute best! They take a bunch of marshmallows and toast them before throwing them in the blender with some french vanilla ice cream," Adam added, tasting his own.

Dex and I immediately began drinking some more, earning more laughs from the other two.

After that, we all sat in a brief silence, just enjoying our drinks and soaking up the quiet. Finally, we all launched into conversation. We talked about anything and everything. It was really nice to just...hang out with my friends and be a normal person for once, even if it is only for a few hours.

Alyssa sent another kind, happy smile my way, making my heart rate pick up. I return the grin with a soft blush, turning back to whatever topic was at hand. I'm glad we added one more person to our small group, though the two of us haven't known her for as long as the other, it still feels like we've known her forever.

Almost three hours passed by and we almost didn't notice, had Adam not pointed it out on the clock above the diner door.

"We should probably get going," Dex said, stretching his arms up in the air. The rest of us began nodding our heads in unison.

"Yeah, we all need to get some rest, especially you," Adam said, turning and looking at me.

"Mmhm. It's gonna be a long day tomorrow." I retorted, sighing softly at the end.

"Don't worry. Knowing you, you'll make the best of it," Alyssa smiled gently.

"Thanks," I nodded, standing from my seat, causing the others to do the same.

Once we were all standing, Adam walked over to the cashier and paid for everything. While he did that, we all headed out the door and waited for him outside. We chatted a little more before Adam walked out and joined us.

"You guys staying at a hotel or on the bus?" Adam asked, tucking his hands into his pockets.

"At a hotel downtown," I answered, moving next to Dex so we could start our walk back.

"Will you two be alright walking back on your own?" Alyssa asked, worried about us.

"Yeah, we'll be fine. No need to be a worrywart," Dex answered.

I looked from him to her and smiled softly, "I promise we'll be fine."

She nodded once, still with a slight frown, and stepped back next to her brother.

"Okay then, we'll see you guys tomorrow before the show," Adam said, beginning to turn around in the opposite direction and walking down the street.

"That's right! See you then!" Alyssa smiled and waved before running off after Adam.

"Night!" I called waving back and looking at Dex, "Ready?"

"Yep! Let's go!" he answered, and we both started walking in the direction of our hotel, talking and laughing into the night.