8: Reunion

I put on a black hoodie, a pair of jeans, and a pair of sneakers. I slid my window open, and changed my hands into claws after locking my door. I took a deep breath and crawled out of the window, climbing up the wall to the roof. I'm glad these shoes have such good grip. I'd seriously hate taking my shoes on and off to traverse the city.

I took a deep breath and looked around, only to be stunned. Everything is so peaceful out here. The city lights in the darkness of night from this height are a stunning sight. Well, that's what I was thinking until I heard a distant scream. My head snapped towards that direction, and I broke out into a sprint.

I jumped off the roof, changing my hands ready to grip the wall of the next building, only to be surprise when I landed on the roof. I shook off the confusion and continued running. I kept going, until I could hear the voice clearer. I stopped at the ledge of this roof, and looked down into the alleyway. There I saw two people. One a normal scared lady, and the other......seriously? Her again?

I dropped off, and changed my hand into a claw and stabbed it into the wall, slowing my descent. I landed behind the moronic criminal, and let out a sigh of annoyance.

"Huh!? You! What the hell are you doing here!? I broke out of my cuffs and came to the opposite side of town to break my brother out, only to immediately run into you here!" She exclaimed.

"You got caught by the guy who got you arrested, immediately after breaking out? You have either the shittiest luck ever, or you're the shittiest villain ever." I said.

"Tch, dammit. Of course I have to fight the one guy my powers don't affect at all." She muttered under her breath.

"Sucks to be you. You gonna come along quietly, or am I gonna have pack you up and ship your ass to China?" I asked.

"I bet you think you're real funny, don't you?" She said glaring at me.

"I hope so. Don't wanna be a bland character." I remarked.

She rolled her eyes and looked at the woman on the ground in front of her before smirking. She went to grab her, obviously for a hostage, but I changed my leg under my jeans and kicked her into a wall. She groaned, and I looked at the lady.

"You might wanna go." I told her.

She quickly nodded and ran out of the alleyway. I turned back to sparky, and saw her pulled herself to her feet.

"Holy shit that hurt. What are you made of!?" She shouted at me.

"Wouldn't you like to know. Gonna give up yet?" I asked.

"No way in hell!" She shouted, pointing her hand towards an electric line. I sighed at how stupid this girl has to be, ran up and kicked her in the chest, knocking her into the wall, and the air out of her.

She gasped, and I crossed my arms.

"I know your powers involve electricity, and even if I didn't, why the hell did you think I was going to stand here and watch you do that?" I asked.

"Owie. It hurts so bad!" She shouted.

I sighed and grabbed her by the collar of her goofy costume......how the hell didn't I notice the costume earlier? She's just wearing a black tshirt and jeans with a yellow jacket on top. I'm not calling the jacket goofy, I'm calling the weird symbol on the front and back goofy.

It's a weird lightning bolt/snowflake combination, and it doesn't work at all. I pulled my fist back and changed it.

"Look, I'm a nice guy, so I'll give you two options. One, I knock you out and drop you off at the police station, or two, you stop being a dumbass criminal, and live a new life as just a dumbass." I said.

Then she totally killed my mood, and sniffled.

'Oh no. Please don't do what I think you're about to do.' I thought.

She then broke down into tears, and I sighed. I let go of her, and she covered her face with her hands.

"Why are you crying?" I asked, folding my arms over each other.

"Because I suck at this! My brother was the criminal, why couldn't he have broken out instead? Now I'm stuck in this stupid situation, and when it comes to badguying, I'm a total failure!" She exclaimed before crying.

"Ugh. Alright, how about this. Take my offer. Leave and stop being a criminal. You're about my age, so go to school or something. Start a new life and please stop crying because you're shit at your brother's job." I said.

She nodded, wiping her tears and still sniffling.

"I-I will. I promise. What's your name?" She asked.

"You first. That way I'm not just throwing out my identity." I said.

"I'm Louise Lang. You can call me Lou, though." She said.

"Great. I'm Y/n. You don't get my last name because you've already seen my face and I don't need you trying to hunt me down and kill me in my sleep." I responded.

"Fair enough. What's your hero name?" She asked me.

"What do you mean? I don't have one." I said.

"Oh. Well then I'm just gonna call you The Lizard. Keep it simple. Alright then, see you around Y/n. Here's hoping I see you and not the Lizard next time." She said.

"Here's hoping there isn't a next time." I muttered under my breath.
____________________________________

I watched through the drone as the boy watched her leave. He's doing good, having just gotten these powers of his. Already changing people's lives for the better.

"Sir, she's ready." My secretary said.

"Great. Let's begin testing. I want to see what the both of them can handle as soon as possible." I answered.