hey

y/n pov

i check the time to find its nearly 10. 'hey' i try acting as if we are not like 6 hours late.

'don't hey me, we were worried' nat uncrosses her arms peter and i both look down wanting to avoid the looks from the team. Nat begun walking over to us. Wanda and tony following 'where were you' she asks but when they come closer. Peter and i don't answer and i feel cold hands on my face forcing me to look at them. I take a quick glance over to peter to see him already talking to tony and pepper who i was surprised was back from her business trip. My eyes are brought back to see nat staring at my bruised face as well as the blood that was still very much in my mouth and dry on my chin. She wipes her thumb across my chin before wanda spoke up.

'who did this to you' she says in a low voice her sokovian accent was very threatening

'hydra' i hear tony say. Obviously peter rushed and told them everything.

'uh yeah about that, the two agents who beat us up, well aside from the other like what six?' i question turning to peter he just shrugs 'from before anyway yeah the 2 they were uh – i knew them, maria and kaleb they were at the orphanage with me' i inform them. Everyone bitters slightly at the mention of the orphanage all knowing what happened. Tony calls nat over to talk about the base and papers that peter told him about whereas wanda pulled me off to the bathroom.

'im sorry i missed our movie marathon' i apologise looking into her beautiful eyes. Wanda hands me a glass of water knowing how much i hate the feel of blood on my teeth. I swish the water around in my mouth a bit before spitting it down the sink. I fill the cup again with water and pour it down the sink, so the next person doesn't need to see my blood.

'its fine, im glad to know your okay' wanda smiles bringing me into a hug softly kissing my forehead.

'can we still watch home alone?' i question knowing how much wanda talked the movie up. Her smile brightens as she nods, and we walk hand in hand back to the loungeroom.

I sit and get comfy on the couch expecting wanda to join me. 'can you set it up, i just gotta grab a few things' she asks, i nod grabbing the remote flicking through the Christmas movies where i remembered seeing it.

Wandas pov,

I got to the kitchen, walking straight up to the cupboard that has the first aid. Rummaging through i find the bag with the simple stuff like bandages rubbing alcohol gauzes and burn aid. i pull that out putting it on the bench. After i go to the fridge getting both mine and y/ns dinner. I couldn't eat knowing she could be in danger earlier, and as i notice the third plate i realise nat hadn't either. As if on que nat walked in grabbing a bottle of water. I take this opportunity to shove the plate at her. the annoying thing is both y/n and nat often forget or just don't eat. Like mother like daughter i guess.

'wanda im fine' nat says walking back.

'ill get hill, i know shes in this tower somewhere' i threaten. A deep blush spreads across her cheeks and i smirk. She finishes drinking the bottle and takes the plate retreating back to her room without saying a word. I smile grabbing the peach ice tea i know y/n loves, floating the plates over to y/n as i walk into the lounge room with the first aid in my hand.

Her face brightens at the food immediately grabbing it and digging in. i chuckle as she takes a big mouthful of pasta and sweet chilli chicken. I sit behind her on the couch being above her from her place on the floor gently moving her hair back so i can deal with her face. It was mainly bruising but she did have a couple cuts but over all not to bad.

'how was your mission' she asks drinking the tea.

'it was great, in and out there was less than we expected, barton got shot in the leg but he's fine' i explain applying the cream to her more severe bruises. I close the cut on her jaw with paper stiches she tilts her head further back indicating she wants a kiss. I smile and gently kiss her lips i pull away and were both smiling. She grabs the plate that i had put down on the table and hands it up to me, i thank her and begin to eat the meal as home alone plays on the big screen.

Throughout the movie y/n slowly migrated from sitting next to me to laying ontop of me i didn't mind tho. My arms were wrapped around her back my fingers sightly scratching her back. We herd someone walk in but were to focused on the movie to check who.

'oh i haven't seen this one' we recognised yelenas voice, i turn my head noticing her in a white suit the vest y/n had given her which i guess was hers in the beginning and vodka in her hand. I notice her small bag by her feet aswell.

'leaving already?' i question, to this y/n turns her head.

'yeah i got a couple things to do' Yelena answers. y/n gets up walking across the couch jumping off the end and hugging Yelena. Yelena hugs back and i pull out my phone taking a quick photo. I had been taking photos of y/n with the people she cared about a lot. She doesn't know ive done this yet, but i hope she likes what im going to do with it. The pair pull apart and rest their foreheads against eachothers.

'stay safe, ill keep in touch' y/n says looking at Yelena

'and you have fun running around with the cool kids' Yelena smiles pulling y/n into another hug before grabbing her bag and like any sane person jumping out the window down the many many floors of the tower.

Tony walks in a minute later. With coffee in his hand he takes a sip. 'first romanoff demolishes the shooting range now her sister breaks a window' he sighs 'good thing were leaving'

'what do you mean leaving?' y/n questions

'moving to the compound to much going back and forth' tony gestures dramatically 'don't worry im building a new section for us to live in' tony equals walking down the hall probably to fill up his coffee again.

y/n comes and lays back ontop of me her muscles relax as she rests her head on my chest listening to my heartbeat.

By the end of the movie its closer to twelve. I go to stand up when i notice y/n is fast asleep. This girl never fails to make me smile. I stand up wrapping her legs around my waist and she snuggles further into me. I float the dishes to the sink and walk down to our room. Since we mostly stayed in the same room and y/n's room didn't have anything other than a couple clothes and a few items, we just moved her into mine while Yelena used her old one. y/n was still in her clothes from school so she needed to change.

'buba you need to get up' i tell her, she was quite a light sleeper so she woke easily. 'come on get changed then we can go to sleep. She nods and i walk into the bathroom to get changed myself.

I come back in a couple minutes later to y/n already in bed in a starfish position looking at the ceiling. I smirk and jump on her. she groans but wraps her arms around me regardless. I smile and hold her hands in mine , that's when i notice how rough her hand are. Usually they are soft and smooth but they seem to be peeling. I sit up so im straddling y/n and hold her palms so i can look at them. I switch the lights from red to white and its now i can see her red palms that i mustve missed in the light.

'y/n' my tone says al the words it needs.

'it doesn't hurt anymore' she says, i just roll my eyes and float the aveno over rubbing it softly into her palms.

a/n

whats a core memory you have