𝐓𝐖𝐎

Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Feelings ~ SHY Martin

"You look so fucking hot Isla," Zoë squealed as I gasped.

"Since when do you swear you naughty little girl?" I wagged my finger in a disapproving manner.

"You know I swear, stop being silly," she nudged me playfully. "Who knows? You might get a handsome businessman from there."

"Who says I'm going to look for love?" I scoffed ludicrously.

"My dad is in the industry. He told me that there are a lot of office affairs." She winked whilst giving me some shiny black pointy heels.

"Yeah whatever. Wasn't this expensive to purchase?" I eyed the short black pleated skirt that left a bit of my thighs on display so I wore some fishnet leggings with them. I was wearing a crisp white shirt then a black coat on top.

"No. Now get that Versace bag and get out of here," she pointed at it as I laughed heartily.

She had straightened my hair to perfection and done my makeup professionally. It was one of her secret talents. She had also spritzed some Chanel perfume all over me till I was choking and sneezing like a maniac.

I smiled to myself as I got into the Uber I had sacrificed a generous amount of money to hire. I was driven to my destination and during the car ride, I practiced my prepared lines over and over again in my head.

The car pulled over in front of a large black gate and I couldn't resist the gasp that escaped my lips.

Before us was a Brobdingnagian, mountainous skyscraper whose vitreous, glitzy exterior glimmered in the bright sun. It looked prestigious, elegant and something straight out of an upper-class city. I had to double check the labels if I was at the correct place.

Once I had made my way out, a guard took my bag for me as soon as I got to the entrance.

"Thank you." I smiled before following him in.

It was such a palatial company, with large shiny fountains at designated areas and advanced, technological features. The elevator was see-through and used a silver-like card to open, from as much as I had briefly observed.

"Isla Kingston." I said to the lady in the front and she gave me a judgemental look.

I could tell she was quite unpleasant just by her facial expressions and body language.

"Follow me." I immediately recognized her as the woman I spoke to on the cell phone last night.

She led me through a few offices that were occupied by a significant amount of people. Everyone around was either in black or white, nothing in between.

I was astounded by all the professional business people who were shaking hands or discussing something incoherently. It was a serious atmosphere and I could tell.