9: My College Crush

I woke up the next morning and saw my alarm going off. I sighed and turned it off, before sitting up. I stretched my arms and threw some clothes on, before remembering I don't have work today. Actually, something I've been neglecting for a while recently, are college classes.

I walked out and saw mom left for work, leaving behind a note for me. I looked it over and it was basically telling me that there was food in the fridge if I got hungry. I thought about the distance from here to the campus, and decided I'll come back for my lunch after my first two lectures.

I gripped the doorknob, until I realized something. I don't have to take the bus, subway, or even an Uber anymore. I smirked and went back up to my room and climbed up the wall like I did last night and changed back. I dashed across the rooftop, and jumped across to the next one with ease.

I continued on for a solid five minutes, before stopping on a rooftop across from Empire State University. I just ran at thirty miles an hour, and I feel like I can go so much faster! The bearded dragon can move at a top speed of twenty five miles an hour. I wonder how fast I can go when I'm fully transformed? I'll have to experiment more later.

I climbed down the rooftop and got down to the alleyway, before walking out and into the college. I found my way to my lecture room, and grabbed a seat near the back in case I get a text from Mr. Osborn or Oscorp in general.

As more and more people started filing in, I got a sense of danger I can't exactly explain. It's like standing next to a power line on a windy day, watching it slightly wobble in the breeze. Before the feeling could really unnerve me, my thoughts were interrupted by someone sitting down next to me.

"Wow, Y/n. Strange finding you here." A feminine voice said.

No. Nuh uh. No way. God no. No way in hell. NO.

I turned my head and was greeted with a familiar flea I can't shake off. I sighed and she smirked.

"Is that any way to greet a friend after not seeing each other for a while?" She said.

"Thankfully I don't have any." I said, refusing to look at her shit eating grin.

"Awww, that's hurtful. I even gave up my life of crime. Look, I even got a sick makeover." She said.

I sighed and turned to her again. Her hair was brown before, but now it's dyed black with light blue ends. I dunno if she's wearing contacts or not, but her eyes are....bluer? Than they were last night. Plus she's wearing blue lipstick and an all blue outfit.

Kinda weird considering her lightning is yellow and her costume was too. Maybe she's doing it for her secret identity? Nah, who dresses up like they're going on a date for a secret identity? Wait a minute...

"That's a lot of makeup for a college lecture. I didn't think you'd major in cell biology." I said, narrowing my eyes.

"Oh I don't. I'm not here for the classes." She said.

"Good god. You're not about to rob my college are you?" I asked.

"Nope. I told you I gave up on thieving. I'm just here for you." She said.

"What? And you knew I'd be here because...?" I asked.

"Because you weren't at your house or Oscorp." She responded.

"...."

"You're worried and confused, so I'll explain. I used my power to go into the deepest darkest part of the internet and found everything about you. You practically live at Oscorp so when you weren't there, I headed to your house, and then to the college class that's being paid for by a Norman Osborn." She said, with a face of pride.

"....I hope you understand how creepy that is and why I'm so confused by this sudden obsession." I said.

"Because I'm not a villain anymore, but that was all I knew. So, I'm following the most upright citizen I can to learn more about being good." She said with a kind smile.

Oh god, this is going to trash my nerves.
____________________________________

Louise

_________________________________

I rested my head on my hands and watched as Y/n listened to and wrote down notes for the lecture. He looks so cool, even when he's doing something so simple. The lecture ended after a couple hours and Y/n started packing up his stuff.

He got up and I did too, before following him out of the building, skipping with joy. This takes me back to the year I spent in high school before getting my heart broken and dropping out with my bro.

After we got out of the building I followed him into an alleyway, and watched as he changed his hands, and started looking around, only for his eyes to land on and rest on me.

"Why the hell are you following me? How long have you been following me?" He asked.

"Since the lecture ended." I answered with a smile.

"Can you, like, not do that?" He asked.

"Oh, so I should meet you at your house then?" I asked.

He let out a sigh and looked up at the sky, before looking back at me.

"No. Go home. Please leave me alone." He said.

"Okay, got it. (Not happening handsome)" I said causing him to shake his head and climb the wall.

I walked into the store across the street and went into the electric outlet, before zipping over to his house and getting out of the plug under his desk. I climbed out slowly and then went out his window and closed it behind me, waiting for him.

Once I got outside I noticed one of his hoodies sitting on the chair at his desk, and climbed in, grabbed it, and then climbed back out.

"Just as a souvenir." I whispered to myself, throwing it over my shoulder.

I hid behind the dumpster and watched him climb down the wall and into his window. He carefully closed it, and I smiled. Now that I know he's home safe, I can head home too.

"Actually, I have an idea before I go." I said to myself.

I slid the window open a crack, and sent some electricity into the monitor on his desk. There we go, now I can keep watch on him through that. When he heads out I'll follow him and keep him safe.

It's the least I can do after he changed my life like that. Totally not because he's really cute. It's because he's awesome. And kinda cute. Really cute. Who am I kidding, it's because he's cute.