Chapter Nineteen

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

WESTON LOCKE

"Wow this neighbourhood is unreal," Micah comments as he looks out the window of my car.

I hum in response, keeping my eyes on the road as we drive to Micah's mothers new house. Everything went through smoothly, the house is officially in Nicola's name and everything is completely signed over to her.

She cried a lot, so much that I feared she would pass out from dehydration but doing kind things for kind people is heartwarming. Anyone could see that she deserved it, she worked her whole life, payed taxes, raised Micah by herself and then found herself with a disabling disease that took away her livelihood.

Hearing about how the government barely helped her even though she has contributed to the whole of society her adult life, makes me feel sick. Sometimes I understand why Micah had overpowering opinions to those who are wealthy, especially when it's close to home and your loved ones cannot receive any help.

His blue eyes turn to me for a moment. "I don't think I will be able to ever get over this West," he tells me sincerely. "Like I am never going to be able to tell you how grateful and appreciative I am of you for doing this for her."

My lips curve as I take a quick glance at him, leaning over to grip his thigh gently. "I know you're grateful, I know you are."

"You've changed my mum's life completely, you know that right?"

I purse my lips and nod once. "Yes but she deserves this, the government should have been doing this for her. Not let her rot in some cold, damp and inaccessible flat. It's just unacceptable."

"Tell me about it," he sighs out. "I cannot even stress the amount of letters I sent and phone calls I made to them, to just hear fuck all back. This country is a fucking joke."

My hand continues to squeeze just below his knee, regaining his attention. "She is grateful for all your hard work in getting her better living conditions too Micah, I'm not just the hero in this story."

After a few moments he smiles towards me. "Thanks," he says with a small laugh.

"I think this one is it," I point down the road as I slowly begin to pull up on the side of the road.

Micah instantly sits up in the passenger seat and looks through the windshield. "I'm too excited," he nods instantly.

"Me too," I agree as the car comes to a stop and I pull up the handbrake, "I think most of the moving guys have already been and moved things in, but we can help with whatever she needs."

"Of course," he nods back at me, undoing his seatbelt and slipping out of the car door.

We both exit the car and meet on the path, I slip my arm around his lower back and guide us up to number seven. The area was beyond nice, quiet and pretty.

Micah turns up the path and walks towards the bright white door, noticing the small ramp that gradually went up to the house. He presses his finger to the bell and we wait patiently for her response.

The door fumbles for a moment before Nicola wheels her chair back slightly to open the door, beaming up at us. "Hello my dears!" She says cheerily, holding out her arms for Micah to lower his body and fall into.

"Hey mum," he says as he gives her a kiss on the cheek and hugs her delicate body. "How are you?"

"Better now you're here my love," she grins as she pulls away for a moment and grabs his face.