Prologue: Light Pink Petals

꧁༒︎༒︎༒︎꧂

Y/N's POV :

The sun was setting.

A magnificent view came to sight, as the sky emitted red, orange, and pink hues, light pink petals start to fall from the blossom tree, and they twirled and danced in the air. The grass and trees began to sway along with the cool breeze.

It was peaceful and quiet, a place where I can just lay back and relax.

"Someone's getting real cozy right now..."

...

...

I heard a sweet voice from beside me. It turns out, I had someone leaning by my side.

Her scent being as sweet as Sakura flowers, giving off creamy vanilla and soft almond-like aromas. Her giggles were music to my ears.

Her hands were smooth and soft as a mother's touch.

Our hands were entwined, and we continued to stay close and enjoy each other's comfort.

A soft satisfied sigh came out from her mouth as she leaned closer and rested her head on my shoulder.

"Shut it, Misora." I sighed, slightly acting annoyed.

"Eh? But I like it when you get all cozy with me! Your sister, Chitose, always gets cozy with me!" Misora, my beautiful and slightly annoying girlfriend, turned to me with a slightly flabbergasted face.

"I'm just tired." I sighed. 

"You don't know how much trouble I had to go through just to get over here and spend time with you...! I even had to ride Silver all the way here." She whined rather in a cute way, ranting about her family's horse to arrive here in the fields.

"Even if I told you not to ride Silver all the way here... You really are quite the rebel, you know that?" I shrugged it off, prompting her to lightly slap my arm.

"You're no fun...!!!" She pouted, and slightly turned away, but eventually gives in to laugh and giggle along by my side.

To be honest, I can't help but be surprised on how resilient this girl is. No matter how hard the situation was, she always kept smiling and trying to be the brightest person she could ever be.

...

She stays positive and bright, despite having a burden, that could possibly take everything away from her.

...

She does not know it but, Misora has a rare heart disease called the Eisenmenger Syndrome, a disease that she had since birth, having a heart abnormality in the form of a hole between the two chambers of her heart, causing blood to flow incorrectly.

The doctor said that there wasn't any cure to her disease, as it was a rare case, and the only thing we all could do was just delay the inevitable. 

In turn, it made life pretty hard for her. She couldn't keep up with other people, and had more limits than normal people had.

She didn't understand everything about the world, people despising her for how different she is, and many more, but despite all that, she continued to smile and be this person that I truly looked up to... And fell in love with.

I want to protect her. She meant the world to me, even if I don't show it or say it that much. For so long, I had to continue and spend time with her, hiding the truth about her condition.