three | the tracksuits

-THREE-

Ophelia's head throbbed painfully as she opened her hazy grey eyes. Her gaze darted around the room, as she took in her surroundings expertly, calculating the best ways to escape. The criminal in her hissed to escape without Clint, but she pushed it down best as she could.

"Oh look," Jeered a voice, "The Huntress has finally awoken from her slumber!"

She tried lunging at them, but found her her hands chained to a metal bar. She growled and pulled at it so violently, the bar shook and trembled.

Ivan stood before her and sneered, "Aw...is the little cub trapped?"

Ophelia's eyes glowed a striking silver, like iron when it's polished, as she let out an inhuman snarl. "This cub," She spat, "Can rip your guts out within seconds if provoked."

Ivan stood up and looked at his men, sneering, "Look look, the cub is making threats!"

Ophelia caught Clint's eye, who looked at her with a gentle expression, telling her not to attack. She growled softly, showing her fangs, but closed her mouth hastily.

"Listen, I wanna talk to your boss." Clint announced, drawing their attention away from the plotting huntress.

"No, no. I am interrogating you. I'm the boss here." Ivan said, slightly desperate.

As the awkward exchange continued between Clint and Ivan, while Ophelia scanned the room for any possible escapes.

All of a sudden, the skylight shattered down, with none other than Kate coming with it.

Ophelia sighed and rolled her eyes, feeling the pent-up anger within her intensify to red-hot rage as she tugged at the cuffs again with no avail.

She snarled an inhuman snarl, moving closer to the bar, and using all her strength to grow long nails like a cat. She bent her finger toward the cuffs' keyhole, twisting it around till she heard a click.

When Ivan grabbed Kate to place her on the other playground toy, Ophelia ripped her other hand out of its cuff, ignoring the violent stinging in it after she did as she lunged at Ivan, knocking him to the ground.

Kate rolled out of the way, while Ophelia pressed her forearm to Ivan's throat so hard he began to choke. "Don't," She snarled, "EVER lay a hand on her that way."

Kate grabbed the furious huntress around the waist, pulling her back. Ophelia struggled and tried to escape the black-haired woman's death grip, but failed.

"Guys, seriously?" Asked Clint, already exasperated. Ophelia glared at him, but was yanked out of Kate's grip within seconds, and held back while her comrade was tied to the playground toy.

"Stay still, cub." Ivan hissed in her ear, pressing a knife to her stomach. She stopped struggling, and just as the man felt she was limp, she grabbed his wrist and flipped him into the nearest wall.

"Ophelia, really?" Came a familiar voice from behind her, "You can do better than that." The huntress turned around and saw Kazi, her lifelong enemy, standing with a stupid smirk on his face.

Maya walked down, a scowl on her face as she saw Clint.

"What do you want?" She signed to him. The Avenger replied, "No cookie please thank you." In sign.

Ophelia rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, waiting for the two of them to stop their ridiculous conversation.

Kate leaned over and asked, "Feeling calmer?"

Ophelia turned to face her slowly and replied, "Pardon?"

"You look calmer than before, so I just figured I'd ask." Kate shrugged. Ophelia felt a handcuff click on her wrist and she looked down to see there was, indeed, a pair of handcuffs around her wrist, the other end of which was attatched to a more sturdy-looking metal beam.