It has magnet in them.

Sana Rai

It was a weekend and as usual I was here with the kids as I bought cake for them.

Everyone was eating it while I just stood there looking at their happy faces.
For people these are the kids that are not socially acceptable and for me these are the most precious kids.

"Thank you, Di." Riya, a 5 year old kid said with a smile.

The smile is soo precious!

I just kissed her cheek and she ran away smiling.

My phone started ringing and groaning I answered it.
"Hello." I said.

"Didi, there is a man named Vedant Dixit who is asking for you." Rena said and I rolled my eyes.

"What does he want?" I asked scowling.

"I want to talk to you." I heard his voice from behind.

"I'm not availaible right now." I said and hung up.

I saw a little girl sitting on a bench in the corner. I walked towards her and tapped on her shoulder.

She just looked at me and again ignored me.

It's been 5 years. 5 years that I am trying to get this girl talk to me. She just sits there in a corner looking at everyone.

"Naisha. What's wrong beta?" I asked and she left from there.

Another futile attempt!

I just left for my cafe and saw Vedant sitting over there.

He's still here?

"Ayeee, Mr. Richie rich." I called him and he turned around.

He just narrowed his eyes at me.
"You knew I wanted to talk to you. Why didn't you come?" He asked.

"I didn't knew I was answerable to you." I said as I pulled him towards my house.

I heard him sighing.
I opened the door and he made himself comfortable on the couch.

"Talk now!" I said with a bored expression.

"Umm.... I don't know what to talk." He said raising his brows.

"What the hell do you mean by you don't know what to talk? You came here to talk." I asked with an incredulous expression.

"We are supposed to get married?" He more like asked very awkwardly.

"Ohhh." Was all I could say.

What was I supposed to say?

Woooww, I am soo excited to get married to you!
Ofcourse, I wasn't saying this!

"Let's get this straight. We both know that we are getting married for our own motives. So, why the formalities?" I asked.

"So, we just get married and boom we live together knowing nothing about each other." He said sitting there awkwardly.

"What do you expect from me? Play wifey with you?" I asked sarcastically and he chuckled.

"I don't think I'm going to ever live the day when I see you playing wifey. But that's not the point. My point is that, for me marriage is a very sacred thing. I don't want get married out of convinience and continue it like that only." He explained.

"I don't know about you, but as a wife you are going to have all your rights and respect. Except love I have everything to offer." He said and I scoffed.

"I don't need any of my wife rights. You can offer anything except love. But I have nothing to give you. I can just try to be civil with you. But that's it." I said and he chuckled.

"That's the most I could expect. Well, I wanted to say we could be friends but I think that's impossible!" He said shaking his head.

"Absolutely, impossible!" I said glaring at him.

"I don't know why do you even hate me soo much!" He said with an exasperated expression.

"I told you, the hate is generalised. Not just for you." I said shrugging.

"Ummm... Can I ask you something? It is a bit personal." He asked.

"Anything, except why do I hate men." I said.

"What about your family? I mean you're getting married there would be some family members right?" He asked nervously and I clenched my jaw hard.

"The only person coming from my side will be, Neha. I don't have a family." I said looking away.

He nodded understanding and thank god he didn't ask any further questions.

"My mom and other family members will be coming to you by today evening with some shagun, I don't know." He said and I nodded.

This is really happening!

"So, am I supposed to be all ready in some indian outfit?" I asked.

"How do I know? I am getting married for the first time you know." He said chuckling.

"Ha ha ha. Was it a joke? I was supposed to laugh? I literally don't know anything about weddings." I said.

"Don't worry. Mom would handle it." He said and then got up to leave.

"Vedant." I called and he turned around.

"I— uhh— there are a lot of things you should know which might create problems for you, if you're getting married to me." I said nervously.

A lot of things!

He walked towards me and tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear smiling at me.
"You don't have to force yourself for anything. If you want to talk, you can. And don't worry about any problems. If you're going to be my wife I'll make sure no one questions my wife." He said smiling.

Is he even for real?

"Don't take this too casually. You might get a heartattack if someone gets the info about me."I said looking into his eyes.

It has magnet in them.
I cannot look away even if I want to!

"As far as it is nothing about you being an alien or mermaid, We'll just do fine," he said chuckling.

"Get lost Dixit. You're standing too close to me." I said.

"You'll have to get used to it." He said and I widened my eyes.

"I am not getting to used to you being close to me!" I said with fire in my eyes and he laughed.

"It is soo easy to rile you up, my chota patakha." He said and I glared at him.

"Chota patakha? Seriously?" I asked hitting his shoulder.

"Yess, you are. You're soo tiny and soo violent." He said laughing.

"You know right, that you are getting married to me? I'll kill you if you say this again." I said glaring at me.

"You won't want to be a widower in such a young age." He said laughing.

Asshole!

"You know very well, I'll prefer being a widower over being married to a man." I said smirking and he stopped laughing.

"Okay, okay! I'll leave. I need to be alive for a few more years." He said and left hurriedly.

Did he really think I would kill him?
Stupid!

I laughed at his antics.

Something new!
A man making me laugh.

I thought shaking my head.