Chapter 50

" Jyoti, if you say Yuvraj did this to you, at what time was he at your place ?" Vedangi asked stepping down from the transparent curtain and standing in front of the court. " Two hours before you rescued me and brought me to the palace Yuvrani " jyoti replied not meeting Vedangi's gaze. That was when Vedangi realised that she was lying. " Are you sure about this? Wasn't Yuvraj also there when I bought you to the palace ?" Vedangi asked impatiently, her voice had raised.

Never raise your voice against people if you know your point is right. Vrushali's words rang in Vedangi's ears as she closed her eyes trying to calm the volcano of anger rising inside her. " I am quite sure, he was yuvraj Shvet who did this with me, he must have came with you to cover up his crime " Jyoti replied. " Wasn't it Yuvraj who assured you that your culprit would get punished ? " Vedangi argued. This time Jyoti fumbled, she gulped and glanced around the court. "He may lie too yuvrani" jyoti spoke. "Be aware of whom you are speaking about , he is the future king , mind your words please" Vedangi spoke, her voice dangerously low.

"Why are you scaring that lady? Just because she had revealed the crime of your husband" a voice came from the people present in the court. " I am speaking this because I know yuvraj haven't done anything like this !" Vedangi spoke confidently glancing the whole court. " Because two hours before we rescued her, yuvraj was in a meeting with the ministers, wasn't he ?" She turned her face towards the ministers , some of them nodded in a yes and some didn't react. " Any proof that he was with you? Any proof that you both were not in the palace ?" One of the ministers, Sulochan objected.

Vedangi paused for few seconds , " Yuvraj had helped a vendor in the city market to find a thief who stole his money." She replied. Luckily the friter vendor's wife was present in the court, " Yes, they both have helped us, but we never knew they were Yuvraj and Yuvrani " the lady answered. Vedangi breathed a sigh of relief and turned towards the court , " Hence proved minister Sulochan , me and yuvraj were together and at the market " Sulochan gritted his jaw in anger . Jyoti fidgeted with her fingers impatiently and glanced around the court once again . "Tell us now jyoti why are you throwing such allegations on yuvraj ?" .

" I am sure he was yuvraj Shvet " jyoti still argued, "fine! Then tell what coloured angavastra was he wearing ? What reason did he give to enter your house ? Where were your son and husband while this happened ?" Vedangi lashed out . " Would you remember the colour of your molester's angavastra when you are being molested !" Jyoti replied her eyes red due to crying. "Be aware of whom you are speaking with Jyoti !" Shankh rose from his seat angrily grabbing his sword.

"Why are you speaking in ifs and buts, she is already bring molested before her wedding" a voice came from the crowd, gaining everyone's attention. Vedangi lowered her gaze trying to control her anger , while her heart broke in pain, she never expected the people of her country to insult her like this in front of the court. "A single word against my wife and I would forget that I am Yuvraj of this kingdom" Shvet finally spoke up, trembling in anger , Vedangi bit her lower lip controlling her sniffles.
"Enough! This case would continue in tomorrow's session, for today the court is adjurned " Maharaj Virat spoke stopping the murmurs . Citizens and ministers left the court, some nodding their heads negative while some holding doubts in their mind. Jyoti was sent back to the special chamber with some special guards.

Shvet sat on the ground his eyes shut, tears coursing down from them. His wife, mother and father had to face such a huge humiliation because of him, he wished to get rid of himself. What was his fault? Why did Jyoti threw such a huge allegation on him? He questioned himself. He felt two hands on his shoulder, that was enough to make him jerk, Vedangi, Shankh, Sudeshna and Virat were standing behind him. " I am sorry, you all have to go through so much because of me" he joined his hands in front of them.

"No son! I know you haven't done something like this, we all trust you" Sudeshna held his joined hands into her's. " Then why mata? Why did Jyoti accused me of the henious crime I haven't done? Meenu tell everyone I haven't done it na? You were with me" Vedangi nodded her head positively holding back her tears firmly. "We all know you are sinless and we would prove it to everyone soon" she assured . "We would not spare the one behind this, it's my promise Jyeshth " Shankh said and turned his head to other side, hiding his tears.

" Children, go to your chambers and take rest we would talk on this after some time" Maharaj Virat said keeping his palms on Shankh and Shvet's shoulders. Sudeshna gestured Shankh to take Shvet, while she moved her gaze towards Vedangi. "This isn't the time to cry or weep, this is the time for all of us to stay together and fight, we all are with you don't get disheartened. For now go take care of your husband,be with him. You me and Shankh would meet after the dinner" she spoke. Vedangi felt much relief hearing those assuring and soothing words of her Sudeshna. She felt like her Vrushali maa is herself advising her, she wiped her tears and nodded in a yes. What more does a girl asks for? Her mother- in - law's support during the time of difficulties.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Shvet stood staring at the sun,his thoughts and mind racing. Even after thinking a lot he couldn't find way to prove his innocence. "Nath" Vedangi called him breaking his trance, Shvet turned trying to plaster a smile but failed. "Swamini I can't find a way to prove my innocence, would everyone always call me a prince who molested a commoner? Why isn't my brain working !" He sighed letting go of his tears, clutching his hair in fists. "Nath, there are times when we can't find a solution, our partners are meant for that time, to support us and be our strength. I am there standing by your side, I would be your strength and prove your innocence in front of the court, trust me" she passed an assuring smile.

Shvet sighed and wrapped his arms arms around her, hiding his face in the crook of her neck, finding solace, calming his vulnerable heart, this was the place he had always found peace in. Vedangi closed her eyes and rocked his back with her trembling hands, though she had promised him to prove his innocence, she herself didn't knew how! They stayed the same for few more minutes until the volcano in the hearts and mind calmed down. Shvet was not allowed to leave the palace,so Vedangi decided to investigate alone along with Shankh.
----------------------------------------------------------
Hey, my lovely readers, the next chapter is here.
I know I told I won't update soon but just wrote this chapter and gave in to my instincts to post it.
Hope you liked reading it, let me know through your comments, they are much important for me❤️.