| forty one ; restart after death

the shadow in the light

chapter forty one; restart after death

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"nothing is predestined. the obstacles of your past can become the gateways that lead to new beginnings."

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

a/n: okay, here's the second chapter. also, unexpected duo later on yuh. i'm exhausted and my neck hurts, it's almost 3am here, enjoy the chapter ig AND DONT FORGET TO LEAVE COMMENTS 😭 okay bye gonna hibernate 😍

jin-woo opened his eyes, sitting up on the hard bed he was laying on as sweat covered his body. he looked at the white ceiling, the smell of disinfectant stinging his nose. an iv line was attached to his right wrist which confirmed that he was in a hospital.

"are you awake now?"

jin-woo looked to the side after hearing the familiar voice.

the door to his room slid open, revealing jin-chul with another association employee.

"chairman woo jin-chul?" jin-woo called. "chairman, what happened to those monarchs... no, those monsters? how am i still alive? and where's y/n? is she okay?"

jin-chul gave jin-woo a confused look before he sighed, "there are four things i should tell you."

jin-chul stood next to jin-woo's bed and looked at him seriously, "firstly, i am not the chairman, but the chief inspector of the surveillance team. secondly, i would like to ask you about the moving statues. thirdly, how do you know who i am? and lastly, how do you know y/n? she's yet to return to korea, and i'm sure she's never mentioned having a male friend that i wouldn't know of."

"huh...? wait a second. what do you mean by moving statues?" jin-woo questioned.

"when we arrived on the site with the white tiger guild after receiving the report, it was already..."

"no, that's not what i'm asking..."

jin-woo looked up and stared at his ceiling. he was thinking about how the room seemed extremely familiar to him. that's when he remembered he spent two weeks in this place in the past.

"but hunter sung jin-woo, you look a bit different from your photo," jin-chul pointed out.

after seconds of silent distress, jin-chul finally asked jin-woo whether he was alright.

"i think i need some time to rearrange my thoughts," jin-woo answered.

݃*₊TIMESKIP
∘* ˚.

jin-woo wore his jacket while looking at his stats in the hospital room, noting that everything was the same. even kamish's wrath was accounted for in the inventory. but there was no chat function, no player 2 in the system. however, the clip that y/n needed to access the system with was now in his inventory.

"oppa, what are you doing right after waking up? don't tell me you've hit your head as well?"

the male turned around at the sound of jin-ah's voice. his heart softened from seeing her happy expression, one that he couldn't get to see more often after the high-school incident.