Chapter 49- The French

"This is so cool". Kylie said after we got out of our cab to enter the most french restaurant we have ever seen.

"Isn't it?" I said and smirk.

We entered the luxury restaurant and asked the waitress about our reservations. She showed us our table right in the middle of the crowded hall where seated people in suits and branded dresses.

"Oh my Lord, T, you're so rich". Chang chuckled after taking his seat.

Ahad laughed and we all did too.

I adjusted my ankle length black fitted dress and smiled at my puppy.

"Anything for you guys". I said and rested my head on my hands.

"T, this must be too expensive". Styla whispered in my ears.

I shook my head and said, "Your friend is walking for Chanel, darling".

She chuckled and grabbed the menu.

My birthday was right around the corner and I had decided to treat my friends with a luxurious dinner in the most luxurious french restaurant in Paris.

The view was amazing, the ambiance was great and music was chef's kisses.

The waitress greeted us in the most beautiful french accent and we gave our orders in our most basic American accent.

The evening was going great untill this very next moment.

"Tara, why are French men so hot?" Kylie said eyeing every men in black tuxedo.

"You're right". I said drooling over the men too.

"Oh my God". A voice screamed from my left. I turned my head only to be greeted with red wine all over my black dress and the tray on the floor with two glasses shattered near my feet.

"T, are you okay?". Chang immediately stood up from his seat and took steps back.

"I'm okay". I said and dragged my chair away from the crime scene.

"I'm so sorry, ma'am". The staff was visibly frightened as she picked up the glass pieces from the floor.

I immediately bent down to help her pick up the pieces.

"Tara, don't touch it". Ahad said and pulled me from my arm.

"I'm so sorry. I'm so sorr-"

"What the hell are you doing?". A heavy voice in a very thick French accent spoke coming from the kitchen.

I looked in that direction and saw a muscular man in black tuxedo with subtle beard walking towards the incident.

"He's the chef, maybe?" Ahad whispered in my ear and I gave him a look of confusion.

He took fast steps towards the waitress with an ill intention as it seemed like.

"Are you okay, ma'am?" He gave a glare to the waitress cleaning up the mess and then rested his eyes on me.

"I'm ok-"

"Is that you? Tara Takhvir?" Listening to my full name and that too from a stranger felt a bit weird.

I smiled and nodded.

"I'm sorry, Ma'am, this is so embarassing. If I had known that you're here, this would have never happened. I'm such a big fan". He said all that and walked towards me extending his hand.

I shook his hand.

"It's totally fine". I said and smiled.

"This is ruined". He said and looked at the stain on my dress.

"Let's go and get you guys a new table. Miss, Takhvir, for you, what can I do for you to make it better, please tell me". He said with pleading eyes.

"No, no, this table's fine for us really". I argued.

"No, never. Please accompany me to the lounge. You can never sit on this". He said and pointed towards the elevator.

I looked at Ahad, who nodded at the offer.

"You really didn't have to". I smiled and we followed him towards the elevator.

The elevator opened into a big hall lit by golden lights. The ambiance of this restaurant was to die for.

"I think, I need to go to the washroom". I chuckled looking at my dress.

"I'm sorry, Miss Takhvir, I wish, I could do something". He said as we got out the elevator.

"I'll be back in a minute, it'll go away". I smiled and walked towards the washroom.

Luckily, the stain came out in a minute.

I walked towards the others standing outside the entrance of a big hall.

"Did it come out?" Kylie said and touched my belly where the wine was spill.

I nodded.

"This is our VIP lounge". The man said and opened the gate of the hall.

I walked towards the hall and entered it after him.

"He really likes you, T, this is so nice, a free upgrade to a VIP lounge". Kylie chuckled and whispers into my ears.

I looked at her and giggled too.

"I think he's the manager". Styla said as we walked inside the luxurious hall.

The golden chandelier on the ceiling was the first thing that I noticed and then I looked across the hall. On the left hand side, a round table lay empty. The big windows, showing the busy streets of Paris, it looked like a movie's ending scene from this height.

And then, I looked towards the right side, same round table, but this one was not empty at all. I took steps forward with others and that's when I noticed familiar faces chatting on the table with familiar voices.

My feet froze and shivers ran down my spine when my eyes met his. I stood there with sweaty hands and my ears no longer worked. Somebody pressed the pause button on my life.