4.12

"i still don't like relying on these things

"i still don't like relying on these things." derek sighed.

"i know it sucks without our powers, but this is what we've got," sillie told him. she loaded the gun. 

"it's not about power, it's about being able to help," derek stated. "i don't like feeling helpless, you know that."

sillie exhaled, putting down the gun. "trust me, i know. neither do i." she nodded. "but we need to suck it up. we can still help, even as humans. if stiles can do it, so can we. and braeden's human. she's never helpless."

derek sighed. "ok, one, braeden's a better shot than both of us. she's braeden. two, stiles has more than enough smarts. and three, i don't know how to help as human. i've spent my whole life as a werewolf. sils, i don't... i don't think i'm gonna come back alive."

she paused. "shut the hell up." she shook her head. "don't fucking say that shit." she started loading and checking the guns again. "you're not dying, derek. i'm keeping you alive, understood?"

derek sighed, cupping her face with one hand before kissing her. he pulled away after a moment, sighing again. "we both know that's not gonna work. and the main thing we need to do is focus on saving scott and kira." he turned, looking at the guns. "to be honest, i don't even know if this is enough firepower to take down one berserker."

"braeden's getting more," sillie informed, knowing he wanted to change the subject.

"it's not even close," peter spoke up.

sillie groaned loudly. "get the fuck out."

he chuckled, walking down the stairs. "you're so mean to me."

isaac sighed from the kitchen, shoving a piece of sushi in his mouth. "that's my cue to leave. i'll be at scott's with liam and them. see ya, mom. see ya, derek."

"see you," they replied.

isaac quickly left the loft, not wanting to be near peter.

"killing a berserker is next to impossible," peter stated. "it's not just the firepower, it's breaking the animal spirit from the human."

"well, the one person we know with that kind of experience is argent," derek said. "and he's not getting back to us."

sillie sighed, checking her phone. "yeah, he still hasn't answered me."

"well, then, you're going to need help," peter told them.

"not yours," sillie deadpanned.

he scoffed. "like malia, maybe liam. and definitely me."

"leave liam out of your shit," sillie demanded. "you're lucky i even let malia go near you since you're her bio dad. and you're help? fuck no. fuck you. fuck off, peter."

≡≡≡

"you brought him?!" stiles gaped.

isaac rolled his eyes. "you've gotta be kidding me. mom!"