Chapter 32: Bitter

Alya heard the announcer announced the princess's arrival, she glared at the girl because it was also her fault that they're now like this. If she had just kept her mouth shut none of this would have happened. Besides didn't the princess go into hiding for like years? Didn't that mean that she was supposed to be stupid? I mean going of the grid with zero education would mean that she has almost to no education, right? So why is she so damn smart?

She wanted to flip her off, but she knew that if she did, she would get in trouble. Alya really wished that the trip could be over already, get done with graduation and move halfway across the country so she doesn't have to see anyone's faces.

Once everyone had bowed to the princesses and princes, they all sat down in their seats knowing that the Emperor and Empress would soon arrive. And true as that 5 minutes later Xukun and Shuxin entered the garden in all their glory.

Everyone bowed to the two including the princes and princesses. Xukun ordered them to rise and sit, they all sat down except for himself.

"I would like to make a toast, to my daughter, my pride and joy, I can't believe that in just two weeks you'll be eighteen, you know before my little girl was born she people always told me that "children grow up so fast" or" in just a blink of an eye and they're already all grown up" I never really understood what they meant by that but now I do. I remembered when you were just about this tall and now."

He paused as he reminisced all those times where Marinette was young, her first words, her first steps, her first achievements, her smile. He took a deep breath and continued.

"Xiao Mei, no matter how old you are you will always be our little girl, your mother and I will always support you no matter what and no matter how far you are, even if you're off somewhere halfway across the globe this place will always be your home."

Marinette looked at her father softly, "Father."

She stood up and hugged him, "Thank you, father."

Alya scoffed and muttered, "Pfft, privileged."

Alix kicked Alya under the table and gave her a look, "Oii, knock it of we're already in enough trouble."

Alya rolled her eyes, crossing her arm she glared intensely at the princess. She sighed she really wished that Marinette was here cause if she was here, she could apologize, and they could go back to their old ways back before all this drama started.

Once Xukun sat down the food was served, they were all chatting as they ate. Alya noticed at Chloe, Kagami, Luka and Juleka sat close to the royals and Lady Yu Yuan. She felt the jealousy rise in her, it honestly wasn't fair. She then heard the Empress say,

"So, I heard that you all are close to my niece, I think might know her? Her name is Marinette?"

Everyone's eyes widened from shock except for those who knew the truth.

Chloe smirked she swallowed her food first and answered, "Yes, your majesty we're quite close unfortunately she couldn't stay at the palace due to some circumstances, if you know what I mean."

Chloe winked and everyone in their group snickered, Xukun and Shuxin tried to hide it but failed.

Shuxin rolled her eyes and smiled, "Oh I know her mother told me everything."

They were all was sweating bullets they couldn't believe what was happening. In all honesty they knew Marinette was no ordinary person but to have that much power.

Marinette wanted to laugh so bad, she kept on drinking to hold back her laughter but then her father took her glass away giving her a stern look and gesturing to her mother who was glaring at her silently giving her a warning about drinking too much. Marinette sweat dropped and nodded.