Laistrygonians

Y/n Pov:

"Hold up," said Grayson, "what do you mean by gods? I thought there was only one."

We were now walking across the streets of New York. Annabeth insisted we walked because she needed to save our cab money to get to Camp Half-Blood. We were explaining to Grayson what were demigods and what did they do.

"I mean Greek gods," explained Annabeth. "They're real."

Grayson stayed silent as if trying to process everything.

"No," he finally spoke. "That's impossible. Classical Greece ended in 146 BC."

"But it isn't," I said. " Annabeth and I are both demigods, children of both a mortal and a god."

"Goddess, in our case," finished Annabeth.

I nodded.

"Which goddess?" Grayson asked.

Annabeth said, "My mom's Athena."

"Mine's Artemis," I said.

Grayson stayed quiet for a little longer. I checked the time by looking through a store's window. It read 14:37/2:37 PM.

"So if the stories we learned in history about the Greek gods are real," Grayson said. " And I'm a demigod. Who's my godly parent?"

"Well..." spoke Annabeth. "You speak French, right?"

Grayson nodded.

"And you don't know your mom."

Grayson nodded again. Annabeth inspected him.

"Hmm... Say, did someone ever try to ask you out?"

"Yes, sometimes," Grayson said, blushing.

"I'd say he's a son of Aphrodite."

My eyes widened.

"Yeah!" I said. "That seems right."

"The goddess of love and beauty? Yeah, right," Grayson scoffed.

"It could be."

He shrugged.

*the next day*

We were finally getting close to our destination. Grayson still had trouble believing Greek gods were real, but he was adapting.

I was glad the morning went fast because it kept me from thinking too much about my problems. I couldn't stand the idea that something might be wrong at camp.

After about a day of walking, we finally reached Meriwether College Prep.

According to Percy,  it's this "progressive" school in downtown Manhattan, which means they sit on beanbag chairs instead of at desks, and they don't get grades, and the teachers wear jeans and rock concert T-shirts to work. The only bad thing about Meriwether was that the teachers always looked on the bright side of things, and the kids weren't always...well, bright.

We entered the class, disguise mode on - meaning Annabeth used her invisibility cap and Grayson and I held both of her hands, making us invisible too. I saw Percy looking at a picture in a notebook, and a group of guys getting closer to him. I signalled Annabeth to get us closer.

Percy was about to close the notebook when a guy reached over and ripped the photo out of the rings. 

"Hey!" Percy protested. 

The guy checked out the picture and his eyes got wide. So did mine. It was the picture I sent Percy of me in front of Atlantic High, taken by Grayson. My face felt hot. Annabeth nudged me and moved her eyebrows, smirking. I stuck my tongue out at her.