Chapter 4: We Meet Again

"I'VE CAUGHT YOU!" She shouted. "What the—?! YOU?" Her eyes widened, and before she knew it, the figure had tackled her to the ground.

Pastry hit the ground with a thud, momentarily distracted before she kicked the figure in the stomach and flipped it over. The figure looked up in shock as she shoved the fork close to the its neck. Pastry took a few seconds to scan over the figure. He was a velvet red, with red and black hair that could drag behind him as he walked. His most noticeable features, however, were his huge cake arm and black eye. "What the hell do you think you're doing? I could have you killed on the spot right here, is that what you'd prefer?" She shouted, with every intention of going through with it.

"I'll have you know that I could turn the tables on you if I wanted to, Pastry Cookie. You should be grateful." He quickly pushed her off before backing up, holding his sword in a defensive position. He had a bag on his back, full of sheep cotton. Pastry took notice of this. "Oh, I see what's going on. You haven't changed one bit, Red Velvet. You've resorted to stealing from other cookies? For what? What do you gain from it? More importantly, why not at least try to conceal your identity?" Red Velvet rolled his eyes. "You ask too many questions. What makes you think I'd tell you anything? You're obviously going to tell Cotton all about this encounter." Pastry was beginning to lose her patience. "I asked you a question. Answer."

"See I would tell you, but it's getting quite late, and I need to get back home to my—" He thought about his next words for a second. "My children. Yes. My kids. They are waiting for me." He unintentionally smiled at the thought. Pastry looked incredibly confused, lowering her weapon slightly. What. This guy has kids now? Should I be worried? "Catch you later, I've got to go." He suddenly made a break for it, running out of the barn through the open sheep pen door. "I'm not done! Get back here, you criminal!" Pastry quickly chased after him. They hopped over the fence, ran through the plaza, and through the park, catching the attention of multiple onlookers. Red Velvet suddenly launched himself into a bush, quickly followed by Pastry Cookie. Red Velvet crawled out on the other side, successfully escaping from Pastry. "Damn it! Not again." She rarely lost her composure, but she absolutely hated when she was unsuccessful in her missions. She climbed out of the bush, picking sticks and leaves out of her hair and outfit. She grumbled to herself as she made her way home. Oh, Red Velvet Cookie. You'd better watch your back, because this is war.

-

Red Velvet Cookie arrived at the front door of his house. After Dark Enchantress Cookie's defeat, he and the other Cookies of Darkness had no choice but to live in the kingdom, as there was nowhere else to go. When the kingdom cookies found out about this, they were furious. They wrote nasty messages to their houses, and often left grafiti on the walls and doors. Red Velvet couldn't care less, the only thing he truly cared about were his kids. He opened the door, immediately greeted by at least 5 cake hounds. Or should he say, dogs. The dogs were his children. He dropped down to the floor, accepting their affections. "Okay, okay, I'll prepare dinner." He patted their heads before locking the door and making his way to the kitchen. He always prepared gourmet meals for his dogs. He didn't have a lot of money, but he somehow was always able to make delicious meals for them. He turned off the stove and filled the food bowls, placing them down as carefully as he could with so many hounds surrounding him. They started eating immediately. Red Velvet sighed happily. "Oh, that's right. I have a gift for you all. Give Dad a second, he shall return!" He went upstairs, and emptied the bag of cotton onto his bed. He got to work.

Finally, it's done. Red Velvet held up the hand sewn blanket in front of him, checking for any mistakes. The cakes had all huddled up in a pile on the floor, fast asleep. Red Velvet got up, and carefully draped the blanket over the sleeping dogs. He patted all of their heads once again, before turning back to his bed. There lied a single dog, one Red Velvet was particularly fond of. Sure, he loved all of them, but this one in particular was special. "Goodnight, Chiffon. I love you, my boy." Red Velvet patted his head, to which the hound softly pressed into his side in return. Red Velvet turned to face the ceiling, closing his eyes and letting sleep consume him.