chapter 5

A/n: I love you all so much like you dont get it bro like ohmygooooood !!!!thanks so much for the support because it gives me the motivation to write. Also, sorry if there are any grammar mistakes- I don't proofread my stuff

~~~

[ extra ]

"Gregory. You absolutely suck at puzzle games." You laugh, watching as the kid groans in annoyance from the game he was playing. It was some game where you had to collect gems and power up portals as a source of light and advance your way through this ship by opening doors and unlocking things and stuff. Its set in space where you have to survive these waves of aliens, and he hasn't even passed the first level. Despite being on easy mode.

"That's it! I quit!" He says, throwing the controller onto the couch. He gets up and starts pulling at your sleeve.

"Let's go practice now! I want you to show me those cool punchy things you did with your hands against those bad guys! Bah! Buh! Pow!" Gregory says, suddenly all energetic as he dorkily kicks and punches at the air.

"You're such a little nut head." You laugh, pulling the kid into a headlock and ruffling up his hair with your fist.

"Ow! Ow! That hurts! It hurts!" He complains, flailing his arms and trying to free himself from your grasp. You roll your eyes and let him go, heading to the kitchen to get some milk.

"Aunty said not to drink the milk straight from the carton!" Gregory called out in a know-it-all voice, following behind you.

"She also said that you should stay out of trouble and not get into any fights at school." You countered, scoffing down the rest of the milk from the carton. Gregory hissed through his teeth, thinking back to that day.

You sigh, putting the empty carton down on the kitchen Island.

"Gregory, you're lucky I was the one who picked up aunt's phone that day. She's already going through enough trouble trying to find her daughter and put food on our table." You sigh, pinching your nose.

"I know, but—they just wouldn't shut up! I'm.. i—.. I'm sorry, cousin.." you furrow your brows and let out a looong sigh. This made the little guy look up at you with a pouty face. You could tell that he thought you were disappointed in him, which wasn't true in the slightest.

"We need to work on your wits."

.

.

.

It's been a month since you've started working at the Pizzaplex now. You've started to get more familiar with the animatronics and they've grown to like you.

While you were getting closer to them all during work, you slowly started to notice changes in Vanessa's behavior as well.

When you first started, she was a bundle of joy. Always starting the conversation first and just instantly lighting up the room and surroundings around her.

But now that you look at her.. compared to last month, she just seems a little—, different. Though, she's still very kind to you. You just barely get to talk to her as much nowadays. Sometimes when you turn your back while conversing with her, you turn around and she would just be gone. Like she disappeared into thin air.

One day, you decided to talk about her strange behavior lately and why she's been acting off. But she ended up saying that she didn't know what you were talking about. Since she seemed so genuine with her answer, you decided to shrug it off.

Although the fact that she still did it sometimes would concern you a little, you always tried to shrug it off. Telling yourself that you were just 'overthinking things'. Even if you had a lingering feeling in your gut, Vanessa was a good friend to you. You didn't like feeling suspicious of someone like that.

.

.

.

"So, I finally get to meet Sunnydrop?" You ask, nervously following behind your manager as he leads you to the daycare. In all honesty, you were very paranoid about whether or not you would make it out alive if the lights went off. I mean, anything could happen in there! You're literally living in a horror game. And to make things worse, you're close with the main character. Everyone knows that the best friend character always dies for the main character's character development..!

"Hey y/n? Are you listening, kid?" You're snapped out of your thoughts by your manager, seeing him look back at you with a concerned expression. "I said we're here, but you didn't sound like you were listening. Are you okay?"

"Ah yes, I'm fine. I guess I just don't get as much sleep nowadays. I'll be okay though, since I'm pretty tough." You say, giving him a toothy grin.

"Good to hear. If anything happens, just call for Vanessa on the walkie. All you need to do is monitor his behavior and check the condition of the playground. Make sure to pay close attention to whether or not the playground is tidy, since we don't want children to accidentally get hurt tomorrow. We need to make sure he knows how to keep things clean. Did you get all of that, or do you need me to tell you again?" You only manage to drill bits and pieces of what he just said into your brain, but give him a thumbs up anyway. You don't want to make the guy who pays you angry. He smiles and waves you off as he walks away.

"Whew.. guess this is actually happening." You sigh, staring up at the golden statue of the daycare mascot. In all honesty, these statues were a bit much. Like, seriously? How rich can they be to make these huge things out of solid gold.

You walk over to the very obvious 'entrance to the daycare' slide. You cringe at the sight of it, thinking about how much germs it could have over the damn thing. Why did your boss even bring you up here to use this filthy slide instead of entering through the door downstairs.

"Gross." With hesitation, you crawl into the slide, falling into a ball pit when you reach the bottom.

~~~
[ unedited ]