29 | HORRIBLE TIMING

HORRIBLE TIMING

"Well, who is the father?" I question once Delphi has settled into a sniffling state.

She shakes her head, "I don't know."

"Oh." Brooklyn and I respond at the same time.

"How..." I think about how to frame my question. "How many men did you have sex with to not know?"

"Don't judge me! If you had a penis you would have over a hundred girls pregnant."

"I'm not judging, Delphi," I murmured.

"It was a threesome."

Brooklyn snorted before settling into the couch like this was a story that she couldn't wait to hear. "Please do tell."

"I knew you would be pissed at me." Delphi grumbles. "It was a couple of weeks ago, we were under the radar and I just needed a night to feel like I wasn't going to die and well...I went to Sunfall with Clary and Lexi."

"You went to a Vipers club!" I said annoyed. "Please tell me you may not have gotten pregnant by a viper. Please do not make my life more complicated."

Delphi retreated into herself and it took everything inside of me to not strangle her. How stupid could she be? I didn't even care about the pregnancy, we could take care of that fine, children don't change how we operate. That child would've been one of the most protected children in this earth. But to get pregnant by the Vipers gang, the actively rising gang that has been under Scotty Fraiser's reign for three years, now was literally one of the most horrible scenarios that one can think of. She literally slept with the enemy. God, if she wasn't pregnant...

"It gets worse." Delphi whimpered.

"Don't." I warn her.

Brooklyn places a hand on my shoulder and I shake it off roughly. "Listen to her."

"How are you not livid?"

Brooklyn shrugged like they didn't want to talk about it. "She's not my girl."

Delphi lets tears fall from her eyes at the words Brooklyn speaks. "You could've hurt me in any other way."

Brooklyn looks away and I sigh at them. I didn't understand them at all. "Who did you have sex with?"

"Ryan Claude and Jackson Heartland."

"Jackson-" I have the urge to slam my hands into my skull until my brain falls out. "You gotta be kidding me, Delphi."

"I know, I know, I'll leave the gang immediately." She wipes away her tears. "I'll see if I can be absorbed into his gang for protection."

"No." Brooklyn grinds out. "You fucked up but that sure as hell doesn't mean that you get to run away. You're ours and nothing can change that."

"They're correct, you're more than just this mafia to me." I was still incredibly pissed but I'd be damned to let that happen. "Do you want this baby?"

"Yes." She answers instantly. "I do, Chessy, I really do."

"Figure out who the father is, the good thing is that we have nine months for me to take over Scotty's gangs." I rub the space between my eyebrows. "That'll pretty much make our mafia become equal to the Arrowcross Mafia."