31 | BACHELOR PARTY

_____________________

BACHELOR PARTY

New York City was my home but Las Vegas was my fantasy haven. And as much as my heart belonged in the northern city, there was something about Las Vegas that made every part of me feel like I was alive. I could not tell you if it was because of the drugs, the alcohol, or the heavenly women walking in little to nothing. All I can tell you is that if I could, I wouldn't leave this place for years.

Unfortunately for me, my friends and I tended to get ourselves into sticky situations.

The air was freezing as I ran through the crowd. The bright lights from the illuminated strip was damn near blinding. I was drunk, very much so, that I could not feel my limbs at all. Brooklyn and Misha by my side with grinning smiles. I roll my eyes as we throw ourselves into the taxi and lean forward so that we can see the man who is eating his sandwich.

"Go!" I yell hurriedly as Brooklyn rolls down the window and looks outside.

"Get the fuck out my car!" The taxi man says in shock. His mouth was completely full as he spoke and I cringed at the sight of marinara sauce.

I pull out my gun and push it into his temple. "Do me a favor and not make me blow your head out. Drive."

I should explain how we got to this moment — the moment being that I was drunk off my literal ass and my gun was pressed against a Caribbean man's head. The cherry on top of all of this was the fact that he was half eating his meatball and mozzarella sandwich. The story is very simple, really.

It all started with Brooklyn kidnapping me in the middle of the night.

There had been a sound cracking around my head and I blinked them open to see Brooklyn staring down at me. The Walmart bag prepped to come over my head as if they were going to knock me out. I looked to the bag back to Brooklyn and then the bag, again.