Chapter 14: The Most Clueless Person

"Fuah~" Alexis stretched his body, tears clinging to his eyelashes as he walked back with Darcel and Lucius. Even though he took a nap earlier, he still felt tired. Maybe it was from his constant use of magic and his injuries on top of that. His stomach was full from the constant piling that his family placed onto his plate, only barely stopping them after he told them that he was still exhausted.

"Still feeling sleepy?" Lucius patted his head, his tone full of affection. "Should we quickly meet your father before turning in for the night?"

Alexis hummed in agreement, letting them both guide him to his father's study. "Hopefully it won't take too long. You're still recovering from mana exhaustion and from your injuries too." Darcel opens the door, revealing Elijah who was waiting for them.

"Come in, it won't be long."

They took a seat on the couch, with Alexis sandwiched in between them. Elijah's mouth curled into an amused smile. "Alex, don't you find it a bit weird for both Darcel and Lucius to sit so close to you?" He spoke in a teasing tone.

Alexis gave it some thought but personally to him, maybe because in his original world, Shin was relatively affectionate with his friends. "Hmm, I don't think so?" He tilted his head slighting before realising that there was a missing detail he had forgotten about; heterosexual and homosexual relationships were accepted in a world where everyone is able to give birth. Alexis gently nudged them, trying to send them a message to create some distance between them.

In response to his nudging, they grabbed his hand and interlocked their fingers together, playfully squeezing his hand instead. Alexis couldn't use his hand to shield his face in shyness, he could feel his ears becoming hotter. Lucius reached over to lightly touch his ear, Darcel faintly blew into his ear, causing a small yelp of Alexis.

"Fa-Father, what did you want to talk about?" He tried to change the topic, nervously glancing at Elijah, who was watching them with a smile.

He chuckled before speaking to them, "Since there are a few days left before you return to school, tomorrow we will have another lesson about magic, especially about your condition." He glanced at Alexis before continuing, "After that, we will have a mock battle to test out your skills. Make sure you rest up for tomorrow."

Alexis nodded his head, standing up to leave, "Darcel, Lucius stay back. I would like to discuss something with you two." He looked back, wondering what the reason was for. He opened his mouth to ask but ultimately decided to hold back his words, "Then, I'll be heading to bed first." Alexis smiled to cover his hesitation before quickly disappearing.

What is this feeling? Was he reluctant to leave? But why?

Strangely his chest felt a little stuffy as he walked back alone, drowned in his thoughts.

-----

"Vio? Are you awake?" Alexis knocked on her door, he didn't want to wallow in his emotions now. "Brother?" The doorknob twisted, revealing Violetta in her nightgown. "Are you done talking with Father?" She invited him into her room, taking a seat on her bed.

"Am I disturbing you?" He reached out to pat her, "No, I was just reading before you came." She gently smiled, noticing the small creases in his eyebrows.

They didn't say anything. Rather she was waiting for him to open up first. Alexis struggled between asking Violetta about how her engagement with Ciel was going and his... complicated feelings. 'Maybe it's easier to ask about her engagement. That way it wouldn't sound weird... but what am I concerned about?'

"How are both you and Ciel doing? Has the engagement changed anything between you two?" She blinked her eyes in surprise, laughing softly to herself, "Brother, is that all you wanted to ask?" Violetta lightly joked with him, "Is there something else you want to talk about?"