173-175

Chapter 173 - "You Two are the Culprits on This." (1)

Li ShiZe, too, had found out what had happened to his father while Li WangJin was staying at the hospital.

He hadn't expected what Jiang YaGe's mother had done such a thing in the past and dragged Jiang YaGe in as collateral damage. Nevertheless, she had already passed away and Jiang YaGe had been crying nonstop, he didn't want to speak poorly of his late mother-in-law.

After Jiang YaGe was done crying and wiped away her tears, her eyes, being cleansed by her tiers, were particularly limpid and the corners of her eyes had a hint of red, giving her a seductive feel amidst her innocence.

"I know Dad doesn't want to see me right now but I still would like to see him. At least let me explain about what my mother had done." Even though Li WangJin had not been treating her as nice as he once had and even somewhat resentful toward her, Jiang YaGe was still confident that as long as she still resembled her mother's look, it was just a matter of time before Li WangJin's attitude toward her would soften.

She hadn't expected that something that had happened so many years ago would see the light of day. Would she still be able to be with ShiZe if Li WangJin objected to the two of them adamantly? The thought of that made her very nervous. Her reputation was at its worst right now. In fact, so bad that she had to drop out of school temporarily. If Li ShiZe turned his back on her now, she had no idea what she would do.

What Li ShiZe liked the best about Jiang YaGe was her strength amidst her tenderness. He couldn't bear it any more and said to her, "You and your mother are two different persons. My father is a reasonable man. He won't blame you for it."

He made it sound like Li WangJin would be a very unreasonable person if he was to hold Jiang YaGe accountable for what her mother had done.

Neither one of the two of them felt that there was anything wrong with thinking that way.

Li ShiZe comforted his girlfriend before he brought her with him to visit Li WangJin at the hospital. The prospect on his software was looking up and up. There were a few companies who had backed out a while back but there were still a few who stayed to work with him. His situation had become much better and he had regained some of his confidence. In addition, Li WangJin had given him 10 million yuan a while back and he didn't need to go around looking for investors for the time being. As such, he had gotten back with Jiang YaGe.

When the two of them arrived at the hospital, they ran into Li XinYun.

The awkward look on Li ShiZe was obvious when he ran into Li XinYun. In his eyes, his sister was a spoiled brat who knew nothing other than spending money. She was arguably useless. Nevertheless, that did not stop his mother for favoring her over him. Especially after the divorce, his mother had acted like that all she wanted was her daughter.

With this bizarre competition, he felt more hostile toward Li XinYun.

Running into the two of them, Li XinYun mocked, "Do you not know the reason that Dad is hospitalized?

"Are you trying to kill him by bringing Jiang YaGe with you?"

Jiang YaGe's eyes reddened immediately. "I am here today to explain everything to uncle."

Li ShiZe retorted immediately. "Just because you are petty you assume dad is like you. Yage is such a nice girl. There is no way that dad would blame her for any of those. You are just gauging how dad would react basing on how you think you would react.

"All you care about in mom anyway. Don't pretend that you care about dad."

Having said that, he walked inside of the patient's room while holding Jiang YaGe's hand.