176-178

Chapter 176 - "What a Tramp! How Could She?!" (1)

Li ShiZe was drowned by his own fear. Ever since Li WangJin had been taken into the ICU, he had been panicking, worried that something bad would happen to his father.

He didn't mean for that to happen. He really didn't realize that his father's condition was so dire.

Hearing the doctor's announcement, he had lost his ability to think. He ran up to the doctor, hoping that the doctor could, somehow, bring his father back.

That must be it. These incompetent doctors had failed to do their best. How was it possible that his father had died?

He finally came to when he was slapped across his face and he saw his mother whom he hadn't seen in a long time. She was still the way he remembered her – looking at him like he was some nasty bugs – nonchalant with a hint of disgust.

Her words were like a bucket of cold water to him and it chilled his entire body.

His face pale, he mumbled, "No, that's not true. I didn't...."

His eyes warmed and his vision blurred. He seemed to see how his father used to play with him when he was a child.

How exactly did all this happen?

Bereaved, he took a few steps back and tears streamed down his cheeks. He didn't even dare go see his father one last time. Perhaps none of this was true if only he didn't see him with his own eyes.

Fang JunRong went to look at Li WangJin one last time and XinYun was crying quietly next to her.

Fang JunRong thought about it for a little bit and planned to give Li WangJin's other relatives a call. As much as they didn't have a good relationship with Li WangJin, they should still be notified.

Her daughter Li XinYun stopped her. Wiping away her tears, she said with her hoarse voice, "Mom, I'll do it."

Her mother and father had already divorced each other. Given their relationship, her mother should not be the one to have to do that. She was already 17 years old and would be an adult in just one year's time. She should grow up and take this on herself.

Looking at her daughter who had matured even more, Fang JunRong felt both heartache and relief at the same time.

Li XinYun called them up one by one. She would also need to take a few days off school and take care of matters related to the funeral. She had no expectations that her brother would be able to take care of that.

By the morning, the lawyer came and brought Li WangJin's will with him.

The lawyer was in his fifties and had already learned of the incident before his arrival.

"Mr. Li WangJin had set up his will yesterday." He said officially.

As Li XinYun and Li ShiZe were both his children, naturally they were entitled to the content of the will.

The lawyer started reading the content of the will. Jiang YaGe, who had been crying quietly with her head lowered suddenly looked up when she heard that Li WangJin had left all of his assets to Li XinYun. Shocked, she blurted out, That's impossible! Why would he leave them all to Li XinYun? Shouldn't he have left them to ShiZe?"

Li WangJin never liked Li XinYun all that much. All along, Li ShiZe had always been his favorite and had always been seen as the heir of Li WangJin. How was it possible that Li WangJin would have left all of his assets to Li XinYun? Even though Li WangJin's fortune had shrunk a lot from before but, in Jiang YaGe's eyes, that was still more than what she could earn in several lifetimes.