27

Hearing a huff beside him, Adrastos peered at his sister who walked hand-in-hand with him towards the direction of their father's office for a daily tea party. Seeing the pout on her face, the younger brother had to resist the tease that was at the tip of his tongue, instead, he gently squeezed her hand to catch her attention.

Her jeweled eyes tilted up to his direction, a confused look painted on her face as plain as day.

"Noona, is something wrong?" he asked curiously

"Ah," the elder of the two hummed, "nothing really, just thinking about what Lucas said this morning while we were playing"

What Lucas said?

Ah.

'I'm pretty sure pretty boy magician said a lot of things awhile ago,' the prince thought to himself, 'but if it's something that bothers her...'

Shifting his gaze to her, he prompted, "was it when he asked if you wanted to become the Empress?"

Seeing her blink owlishly in surprise, he supposed that he was right on the mark. 'Now that I think back upon it, Noona admitted she only liked to study hard because she felt it fulfilling and likes being complimented. I wonder why?'

"Yeah," Athy's voice interrupted his thoughts, "I mean, I have you, so why do I have to be Empress?"

Hearing that, Adrastos' feet suddenly halted, and the younger boy looked up with wide eyes at his sister. Feeling Felix also pause, so did Athy who was pulled back through their linked hands, surprised at the prince's sudden halt.

"Noona," the boy slowly began with a frown on his face, "I don't wanna be Emperor. Not at all. In fact, I'm all up to support you to be Empress."

"What?" Athy asked with furrowed brows

"Your highness doesn't want to be Emperor?" Felix questioned in surprise, "but seeing how interested you are in your father's work, I had thought you wanted it."

"No, not at all," Adrastos frowned stubbornly, "besides, Noona's the first born"

"I'm sure that being twins we both have equal rights" Athy pointed out