035

on endor...

Threepio was a surprisingly great storyteller

Threepio was a surprisingly great storyteller. He explained the situation to the Ewoks and told them about the significance of their planet in all of this. Amazed, the tribe had decided to make them one of their own.

She wasn't even sure what that meant, really, but she was eating something warm now, so she had very few objections. Han was trying to politely wrestle one of the Ewoks off of his leg before giving in, sighing and patting the little creature's head.

"This is nice," she said, breathing in the aroma of smoked meat, "Wanna come get seconds with me? Wait, Threepio, can I have seconds?"

"That is permitted, yes," the droid confirmed, continuing on with his stories.

Han nodded, prying the Ewok off of him and promising that he'd be right back before following her to the fire. Another Ewok stood there, cooking the last of the meat.

"Looks like we have to wait until he's finished," he pointed out, crossing his arms.

"That's fine by me. Whatever it is, it's really good."

"Could be worse."

"Do you not like it? They worked really hard on it, Han."

"It's fine. I'm just still a little unsettled by the attempted murder thing. Sorry if my manners aren't up to your standards."

"Alright, smartass. I can't believe you're a general. I don't see how anyone can put up with you long enough to listen to your commands."

"I can't believe you're here. You must really have it bad for Luke, huh?"

"Listen to yourself. You're not fooling anyone either."

Their banter was cut short by the Ewok slicing up the meat, the sound of blade hitting bone making her teeth hurt. The creature handed a chunk of the roast to her, patting her elbow kindly. She wondered if he thought she was stupid.

Sighing happily, she sank her teeth into her serving. Han rolled his eyes and tried to eat his food in a more dignified manner.

"I could go for a beer," he murmured, walking back to Threepio's storytelling circle with her.

"That would be great. I wonder how different the beer is here than where I'm from. Do you guys have regular liquor, or is there some sort of weird space kick to it?"

"How the hell would I know? It's all relative, ain't it?"

"I guess you'll just have to let me sample everything you've got when we finish the mission. I'll introduce you to pizza, and—Huh, I don't see Luke."

The audience in the tent had grown noticeably smaller, many of the villagers likely having retired to bed. What was more concerning was the absence of their friends, though.