00.10

vote • comment • follow

╔═══════════════╗「 chapter | ten 」   ❛❛ my strange addiction on hold ❞  ╚═══════════════╝

╔═══════════════╗
chapter | ten
❛❛ my strange addiction on hold
╚═══════════════╝

AFTER MY TALK WITH Arsyn a week ago, I decided against interacting with Syn. It feels almost like cheating and I don't know why.

I run a hand down my face, sighing as I think about what I should do. I grab my laptop, shoving it into my nightstand drawer with the intention of never opening it ever again.

Arsyn and I have gotten much closer in the past week, so close that I'm meeting her parents formally today. And to be honest, I'm a nervous wreck.

"What if they don't approve of me? Or worse, what if they think I'm vegan?" I shiver at the thought, my lip curling in distraught.

"That's worse than them not approving of you?" She asks, raising an eyebrow and I nod my head.

"Love, we've been out every day this past week. And I've introduced you to all my favorite restaurants—none of which had vegan options by the way. Don't even get me started on how you didn't even let me get a bite of my Doro Wat at Lovely Doro. Or what about at the japanese rest—"

"Okay, I get it." Red blooms on my cheeks as I turn my head away from her to save myself from embarrassment. As a child, my pallet revolved solely around French cuisine. Anything ranging from Jullienne with mushrooms, Ratatouille, and onion soup was always on the dinner table.

Arsyn lets out a hearty laugh, her eyes slipping shut as her head falls back. Once she sobers up, she adjusts the strap of her dress. "You can stop staring now," she says. But I can't stop staring. She spent about 45 minutes slicking her hair into a half-up half-down with her beautiful curls. She made me run to the local beauty supply store because she didn't have enough gel.

She even made me part her hair last night because she couldn't see the back of her head. I'm practically her maid at this point.

While I'm all ready, donned in a black button up, black slacks and my favorite Ferragamo loafers, I wait for Arsyn to find the perfect heels. While she's looking, a box falls from the top shelf in her closet and she curses, quickly putting its contents back into the box before placing it in its rightful space.

After a minute or two, she finally finds a pair of heels to match her satin blue, knee-length dress. As she stands she adjusts the built in corset, I help her put the heels on so we can leave here quicker. My fingers brush her gold anklet as I wind the straps up and I look up at her to see she's holding back a smile.