23. Tipsy Fellow

TW// more alcohol and drunk stuff :')
also more blood (ofc)
There's also a weird scene (not to spoil) where Espresso and Madeleine are like... Being weird?
just beware for the word "moan" :')
Shh, they DON'T have sex. I promise /srs

4 days until the ball...

...

Madeleine's POV
The next day, Vampire came to visit again with stronger drunken attitude. Unfortunately, he somehow convinced Espresso and I to go to his favorite bar in the kingdom.

I'm pretty sure he liked to hang out with his friends, Herb and Sparkling there. Their friend, Mint had recently received a girlfriend so he hadn't come in lately.

That's just what I heard, though.

When we arrived, Vampire immediately smacked money on the counter and smirked, "Three drinks for me and my buds..." he looked at us and nodded. "Each~"

Espresso widened his eyes, "I-I'll just take one, thank you." he chuckled.

Vampire chuckled with him and smacked his back, "Oh, friend," he smiled, "No need to be shy. It's perfectly fine to take a few- *hiccup* hits~" his smiling twisting to a smirk.

Espresso nodded, "Sure..." he slowly looked up at me, scared.

I lean toward his ear shaking my head, "It's going to be ok..." I whisper. "Drink as much as you want. Don't drink at all if you don't want to! Vampire'll finish them off for you."

Sparkling then hands us each three drinks. "Enjoy," he winked. Vampire quickly drank them all in one smooth soundless sip. I drank half of one glass in one sip, while Espresso took a small sip.

Vampire stared at Espresso disappointingly, "What's on your mind, Espresso," he asked with a giggle, "There must be SOMETHING stressful. Y'know, this drink helps ya' loosen up and gets rid of that stress."

Espresso widened his eyes. "Really?" he whispered.

Vampire nodded, "Yeah, why would I lie?" he chuckled and smacked his back hard again. "Drink up, Espresso~"

Espresso stared at the drink. Honestly, I didn't expect him to do it. Neither did Vampire, I think. Espresso took the glass and chugged the entire thing at once.

When he was finished, he gagged and coughed with shaky hands. Vampire smiled, "Better? Drink some more-"

"I think he's good," I butt in. I glare and Vampire and Espresso coughed a bit taking deep breaths.

Espresso took another one of his glasses and chugged it. Same with the third. He took the glasses and pushed them forward. The amount of pain he was in was too conspicuous.

I frown. He sighs, "That... helped a little," he muttered. He looked at me and pointed to my two glasses, "Will you... drink that or can I have it..." he whispered.

I widen my eyes big, "Espresso, I think-"

"I think that's a yes..." he took the glasses and chugged them both. It scared me to see him like this.

I take Espresso's hand and face him toward me. I frown even more feeling my heart shatter and stab. My throat felt full. Shaky. He looked way more tired than he did yesterday when he coughed up that blood.

I stared into his eyes, "Starlight?" I whimper quietly. "Don't do this to yourself..."

Vampire laughed his eratic laugh, "haHAA!! Look at this, Sparkling! This guy's just as crazy as I am! He drank five glasses in less than a minute!" he laughed even more.

Espresso groaned and gently punched my chest. Oh no... It was happening... "I'll be ok~" he whispered. He giggled and looked at my hand, "Strong hand..."

...

After an hour and a half, I finally convince Espresso to go home. That night he drank twelve glasses of alcohol, ALL because Vampire told him it's be good to loosen up on all of his stress. (Don't drink too much kids <3)

Whenever he stood, he almost immediately fell back down, he was super giggly and most of all, way too touchy. I honestly didn't mind him hugging me so much and touching my arms, it just wasn't like him.

We arrived home and he crashed on the bed first thing. This was gonna be fun. I smile and him and let his head, "Ok, starlight," I chuckle, reaching out for Espresso's hand. "Let's go to bed, ok?"

"I'm not tired~" he groaned. He looked around the room and yawned. "It's too hot..." he sighed stating downward. Espresso slowly took off his shirt and laid on the bed seductively, "That's better... isn't it~?"

I stared at his body. He was gorgeous. Sure, he didn't have noticable abs, but he had faint ones. I smiled staring at him. "Sure, you can sleep shirtless." I chuckle. I lay on the bed and rest my eyes as he crawled into my chest.

He opened his eyes and looked at me, "Take off your shirt~" he whispered.

I smile. "I'm ok."

Espresso frowned and sat up forcing me up, too. He took my shirt and pulled it up smiling. "Mmm~" he moaned laying on my chest. His hair felt so soft, he was so light on my stomach I couldn't help but start to pet his head.

Espresso looked up at me with a tipsy grin. I watch as he reaches up pressing his face into my neck and played with my hair. It made me smile, really. If I'd be honest.

Espresso opened his eyes to look at me, my heart skipping a beat or two. "I love you." he whispered.

I widen my eyes. "What did you say??" I ask in shock.

Espresso smiled wider, "I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you!" he shouted. He hugged me tightly and slowly settled down letting his shoulders rest.

I feel my body warm up as he lay on me softly breathing on my bare chest. I slowly smile and close my eyes, "I love you, too..."