Lonely Star (Slater's Pov)

Slater Alexandrovich Ivanov (Russian: Слейтер Александрович Иванов; born 1 October 1985) is a Russian-born DJ, record producer, musician, composer, arranger, songwriter, film and television producer. Ivanov grew up and began his musical journey in Moscow, Russia. He released 'Restless' (featuring Sera Moakler) which carried him to mainstream success, reaching number one on the Billboard Hot 100 and earning him a Grammy for Producer of the Year, Non-Classical at the 50th Grammy Awards. Since then, he has won 28 Grammys for his musical advances. He is widely regarded as the greatest and most influential producer of all time, as well as the greatest producer of his generation.

Slater Ivanov was born on October 1, 1985, in Moscow in the Soviet Union to Russian-Jewish parents, Katerina (nee Sokolova) Ivanov, a homemaker and Alexi Ivanov, an accountant

Slater Ivanov was born on October 1, 1985, in Moscow in the Soviet Union to Russian-Jewish parents, Katerina (nee Sokolova) Ivanov, a homemaker and Alexi Ivanov, an accountant. He was raised Orthodox Jewish and has one younger sibling, who remains unknown. His mother was of Russian descent and his father was of Russian and Bulgarian descent.

Growing up in a dysfunctional household, Ivanov spent many of his younger years in and out of the foster care system with his sibling. After struggling financially, his family became homeless and lived together in a van while Slater spent months at a time living at a nearby abandoned park. Both of his parents are said to have had an unhealthy relationship with drugs and alcohol, becoming co-dependent on illegal substances from early on which led Ivanov to endure a deeply troubled childhood.

By the age of thirteen, he was placed into the foster care system indefinitely and stayed there until he reached eighteen, alongside his younger sibling. Ivanov was known for pickpocketing the streets of Moscow as a teenager, and would regularly steal from food markets and stores to feed himself. During his days in care, he was hospitalised for his first overdose at age seventeen, however, there is no mention of what exactly he overdosed on.

 During his days in care, he was hospitalised for his first overdose at age seventeen, however, there is no mention of what exactly he overdosed on

From the early age of eight, Slater Ivanov grew a fascination with musical production. He learnt how to play the drums, piano, and guitar at school and is a self-taught audio engineer.

He first became known under an anonymous alias online after he remastered Frank Levi's August Rain record. His advanced level of skill as a young boy caught the attention of various record labels and he left Russia at eighteen to pursue a musical career.