🌟Chapter 2- A new star approaches?🌟

Target 1.

Target 2.

Target 3.

Target 4....

Faces flashed in front of her, all of which she recognized from the game's character list. Tartaglia, number 11 of the Tsarita's harbingers. Diluc Ragnvindr, the young master of dawn winery and the darknight hero. Kaeya Alberich, Calvary Captain of the knights of Favonius. Their pasts, their futures, she knew them by heart. So why-

~🌟~

Her name was Wren. She was no longer Y/N. And now, she lay under the rough, scratchy burlap of sacks of potatoes. Matted blond tresses fell in front of her hair as she squinted at the bright sunlight filtering through the fabric. Wren grinned. She was in the game. Slowly, she turned and slid to the ground, her bare feet colliding with the rough wood of the ship docks. Liyue. The chatters of salesmen and merchants filled the air, and she could see the small silhouettes of the NPCS children playing pirates on top of a ship deck.

She headed to the edge of the dock and peered at her reflection in the water. A small, round face with crystal blue eyes stared back at her, framed by thick locks of hair. She wore a tattered gray dress that ended at her knees, with only a small ribbon made of cord sown in the center of the neckline. The previous host of her body had died at such a young age. She was... seven years old. And she was filthy. The first thing she needed to do was take a bath.

Wren walked around the perimeter of Liyue Harbor in search of a pool of water, or something she could wash in. As she did, she earned both curious and disgusted faces that turned her way, seemingly appalled by the dreary girl that stood out against the bright cheery atmosphere. As she passed Bubu pharmacy, a teenage girl with short black hair approached her wearily. In her hands was a small bundle of white fabric. Wren took a step back, staring at her apprehensively. The girl inched closer, then knelt down so she was down to her height. She offered a kind smile, and held the bundle towards her. "Hello there," She said softly. "My name is ChengXiang. Here- I was planning on giving this to my sister, but it seems that you might need it more than she does." Wren took the bundle from her, glancing down to see that it was a new dress, simple, plain, and white. Perfect. 

She gave the older girl a sweet smile. "Th-Thank you-" She hated herself for the stutter, her voice being unused for so long. But she had a nice voice, she was glad- it sounded sweet, and innocent. ChengXiang laughed, her cheeks having taken a rosy pink hue. "Your welcome- no, off you go!" She ushered her along, pointing to a small bath house nestled under the next round of buildings.

Wren took of the grey dress and hopped into the steaming spring. She watched in mild disgust as the dirt was washed off of her in waves. Dunking her head under the water. She scrubbed at her hair, trying to untangle the many kinks that had knotted themselves into her tresses. After a good half hour (It was hard to be efficient with such small hands), the mud had been washed off and she began to dry herself with the fluffy white towel that had been set at the edge of the spring. It was a very nice towel, she thought as she wrung out the water out of her hair.

Putting on her dress, she turned back to the slightly murky water and smirked in satisfaction. Her hair now shown a beautiful golden color, and they had just a slight bit of a wave as they bounced in the air behind her. And her skin was clean now. She liked being clean. She leaned closer to the edge, widening her eyes to inspect the fragments of light inside of her eyes. It was strange; they weren't exactly a single, solid color- it was like a piece of Lapis that been cut in many different angles. It made her eyes look like gemstones. Kinda cool.

She left the bath house with a word of many thanks, the house keeper seemingly too shocked to form words. After much fond praises ("Oh you're so cute!" "Just like a fairy!") she set off back towards the dock. She would need to think of what to do next.

It was getting late. She was getting hungry, too. Wren frowned and stopped. How was she supposed to get food? She had no money, so she couldn't get anything from Wanmin. Maybe she could spear a fish and cook it over a fire or something? But the nearest pools were so far away... she sighed and looked around. Her eyes lit up. There was a small pastry shop that sold rice buns, and now they set out the leftover buns outside. They never reheated buns to sell the next day. Score~ she hurried forward and took one, still warm from the oven, she took a big bite, then wrapped two more in a sheet of brown paper for later. She ate another, then another, until she was full. Her belly full of hearty rice buns, she turned and set off. 

What was that? Wren stopped in front of a narrow alleyway. The sounds of quiet chirps echoed through the air, and she stepped forward, lifting up a crate of turnips to reveal a baby crane. A crane? She thought. That was odd. Most of the time, she remembered that cranes usually spawned on high hills, or near pools of water. Not in the middle of Liyue harbor. She carefully lifted the bird into her hands, and it stared back at her with judgmental beady eyes. Wren narrowed her eyes. "Don't look at me like that." The bird tilted it's head, but continued to stare at her. It gave a start, jumping up and flapping its wings. It landed on the ground, and Wren spat a stray feather out of her mouth.

"Hey-" She stopped. The bird continued to flap its wings, hopping on one foot and then attempting to lift into the air. Flap. Crash. Flap. Crash. It didn't seem to care about it's precious fruitless attempts and continued. Wait... "Are you hurt?" The bird swiveled it's head sharply towards her, the feathers on the back of its head standing on end. It gave her a look as if to say, Ya, so what, tiny human?  Wren sighed, and opened her mouth to retort, but stopped. It seemed stupid to argue with a bird. The crane went very still for a moment, and she frowned. Was it alright? Was it in shock or something? She had never been good with animals in her previous life, so she didn't really know what was the problem. She reached out towards it, and it gave a caw of warning. Not good. "Um, just stay still- let me help-"

Darkness.